Eardley Arrives

Good luck Neal criminally underated IMO and got a lot of unwarranted stick from our fans.

I look forward to giving you abuse on your return to BP like the good fickle football fan I am!! :banana3:

I dont think there was much TTA could do with his contract up at the end of the season he was not going to stay, so had to take the money!

think you mean OVERRATED not under..!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A move away suits all parties. Good player moves up a league and doesn't have to put up with the weekly abuse, Blackpool get their man, and we get some much-appreciated cash.

Everyone's assuming undisclosed is a request from our end, but it could be that Blackpool don't want to reveal their spending power. Blackpool Gazette reckons around £350,000. Hopefully that's with add-ons.

That should cover the majority of this season's losses, so any extra money from better attendances or cup runs is a bonus now, and would hopefully be made available to DP for signing in January.

£250k is a little on the cheap side, I'd have valued him at around the £500k mark myself, mainly due to him being the unfinished article.

The fact he was out of contract at the end of the season was a bearing on the fee, no?

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Good luck Neal

Saw you have your best ever game for us at CM shame I never saw you play there again.

Spend the money on a CB now please Dave ?

Good luck to him I think he served us well and aleays gave his all. bet one or two of the others are getting their tin hats on for tomorrow now!

By the way I think the announcement on the OS is a bit mealy mouthed, no 'good luck' or s'o long and thanks for all the fish' or anything. He was one of ours and we've made money out of him. maybe they will add to it later.

Good luck to him I think he served us well and aleays gave his all. bet one or two of the others are getting their tin hats on for tomorrow now!

By the way I think the announcement on the OS is a bit mealy mouthed, no 'good luck' or s'o long and thanks for all the fish' or anything. He was one of ours and we've made money out of him. maybe they will add to it later.

Maybe they just forgot? Why do we always look into things so deeply?

Good luck Neil, hope you do well.

Under-rated by a select few moronic latics fans.

Why are they moronic for having an opinion on a player? Personally I think he's average, and that he'll struggle at a higher level. Obviously i'm a moron too.

Why are they moronic for having an opinion on a player? Personally I think he's average, and that he'll struggle at a higher level. Obviously i'm a moron too.

I think it was meant that the boo boys who heaped abuse on him were moronic - not those who didn't rate him per se. Don't be touchy :wink:

I think it was meant that the boo boys who heaped abuse on him were moronic - not those who didn't rate him per se. Don't be touchy :wink:

Suppose. It just seems that everytime someone has an opinion that differs to the majority on here they're a 'tool' or a 'moron'.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Jesus H Christ there's some moronic comments on this thread... oh, we've mentioned that already... :wink:

I had a little laugh to myself when I saw the word "undisclosed" in the report, cos I knew it'd mean heads popping all over the place on here... :laught16:

Good luck Neal, and thanks for being a superb servant to the Latics. Now get yer head down and prove the morons wrong - you have no less potential now than when Liverpool were scouting you 3 years ago. Go on my son.

Why undisclosed... So much for transparency...

Quick to let us know how much "repair work" costs though....

Could be undisclosed at either end, so maybe they don't want it known how much money they were throwing about.

I think the best way of finding out maybe Wrexham fans who may get in the know with the sell on clause.

Could be undisclosed at either end, so maybe they don't want it known how much money they were throwing about.

I think the best way of finding out maybe Wrexham fans who may get in the know with the sell on clause.

The thing is they signed Charlie Adam from Rangers earlier in the week and the fee on their website is quoted at £500k. I can't see how they'd be happy for that to be bandied about but want the lid shut on how much they paid for Eardley.

It's not just Latics as most clubs seem to do it nowadays, but this 'undisclosed fee' is another thing about football today that really narks me off. Anyway, good luck to the lad. I really, really hope he goes on to prove a lot of people here wrong.

I'm sorry to see him go but it's a move that was always on the cards and he is probably easier to replace than Taylor. As many have said, he would probably have gone at the end of the season and we recieved a payment for him when it would have been possible to get nothing. Good luck Neil apart from when/if you play against us. At least we won't have a player unavailable in international weeks.

Suppose. It just seems that everytime someone has an opinion that differs to the majority on here they're a 'tool' or a 'moron'.

No moronic is just a description of the way they communicate their poison.

Constructive comments, or factual debate around the players strengths and weaknesses are an entirely different matter