12 out of 27 Player Sponsorship Packages unsold

12 x £595 = £7140 of untapped income, even worse when you see that First-Teamers Black, Lee, Jarrett, Furman and Kelly are amongst the unsold packages. Despite arriving with a fanfare, looks like Walker has failed miserably....

Not the time to be giving the job of selling sponsorship packages to a kid, give the job to a man rather than a £92 a week YTS...

its financially hard out there Prozac

we couldn't manage a sponsorship on our own this year could you?

So four friends are going to chip in and sponsor Brookey - furman was our second choice.

Maybe you could rally round four friends and do the same?

Four friends is about £175.00 each.

its financially hard out there Prozac

we couldn't manage a sponsorship on our own this year could you?

So four friends are going to chip in and sponsor Brookey - furman was our second choice.

Maybe you could rally round four friends and do the same?

Four friends is about £175.00 each.

Fat chance as i'm unemployed at the moment, what I would say is that I know of many a local business that used to be proud sponsors of matches, kits, corporate hospitality etc.. that have taken their business elsewhere. Why do you think that?

Anyhow don't want to get all negative, but whilst the mood is good we should be striking whilst the iron is hot, not waiting for money to fall into our laps...

12 x £595 = £7140 of untapped income, even worse when you see that First-Teamers Black, Lee, Jarrett, Furman and Kelly are amongst the unsold packages. Despite arriving with a fanfare, looks like Walker has failed miserably....

Not the time to be giving the job of selling sponsorship packages to a kid, give the job to a man rather than a £92 a week YTS...

Those of you being observant will also have noticed that Dale Stephens, who it was agreed would be the OWTB Fans Sponsored player for the 2010/11 season was taken from us and sold and we only found out through buying the actual programme.

We're looking into this as, suffice to say, we're rather upset.

Those of you being observant will also have noticed that Dale Stephens, who it was agreed would be the OWTB Fans Sponsored player for the 2010/11 season was taken from us and sold and we only found out through buying the actual programme.

This is the sort of embarrassing commerical antics that has driven businesses away from OAFC. A mate of mine had been sponsoring the club for years but got so fed up that he pulled his money. Not sure if he's put it back in this season, but it's a trend that makes the idea of Failsworth being a success redundant if we're just going to go down there and make the same mistakes.

Who sponsored him? It's not their fault of course - they ask and Hardy makes the ultimate decision, but it would be interesting to see that if the individual/group/company or whatever, was a sponsor with more clout that OWTB.

Any way up, BB80 is right again (christ - there was a time when I didn't agree with anything Ross said, now I can't stop nodding my head) though, OAFC commercial can't be pissing people off in this day-and-age. Sometimes I do think Hardy's business models are firmly borne, and remain in the cigar smoke filled boardrooms of the 70's. Never be anything more than what we are, better get used to it.

We seem to have things going in the right direction on the pitch, we could say that the bar has been raised and Paul Dickov has responded together with his team. It's about time the rest of the establishment met expectations, because how they conduct their business will affect how Dickov operates, and we can't let that happen.

Who sponsored him? It's not their fault of course - they ask and Hardy makes the ultimate decision, but it would be interesting to see that if the individual/group/company or whatever, was a sponsor with more clout that OWTB.

I know that OWTB generates more income per season than the cost of a player sponsorship, that's for certain, so how they have more 'clout' would be hard to establish.

A mate of mine had been sponsoring the club for years but got so fed up that he pulled his money. Not sure if he's put it back in this season

Just asked said mate about this season...his text reply was...

"I paid £xxx for a season ticket and asked for a £xxx for kit sponsorship and £xxxx for a programme advert and they ain't even called! I aint chasing them"

Not putting figures for obvious reasons but I'm sure it isn't rocket science how much we're talking. It's pretty frustrating to see the cheek of the club as they cry out for fans to come through the gates because "we need all the money we can get" when this is going on. Was looking up at the empty Matchday box in one corner of the Chaddy End yesterday and thinking...if we can't get people in there now, on this "breath of fresh air" then we never will. Here or down the road.

Just sponsor a different player instead, like Kieran Lee. The money is still going to the same cause.

Last season the club and OWTB agreed Dean Furman as the Fans Player of the season. We were then approached about two weeks later asking for us to change as they'd had an offer from a South African owned business which wanted to sponsor Dean.

Without hesitation we switched players.

This season we asked the club for players we could select from to allow them to avoid putting up players they thought they could sell for cash as opposed to the indirect income generated by OWTB. We were offered Dale and we gladly agreed.

We then found out the fans had lost out on him when Moderator Lookers_Carl opened the programme to see OWTB missing from the page and someone else in place.

I don't think we're being unreasonable to say we're upset and frustrated by yet another snub from the club. We've still not had the courtesy of contact from them regarding this.

Last season the club and OWTB agreed Dean Furman as the Fans Player of the season. We were then approached about two weeks later asking for us to change as they'd had an offer from a South African owned business which wanted to sponsor Dean.

Without hesitation we switched players.

This season we asked the club for players we could select from to allow them to avoid putting up players they thought they could sell for cash as opposed to the indirect income generated by OWTB. We were offered Dale and we gladly agreed.

We then found out the fans had lost out on him when Moderator Lookers_Carl opened the programme to see OWTB missing from the page and someone else in place.

I don't think we're being unreasonable to say we're upset and frustrated by yet another snub from the club. We've still not had the courtesy of contact from them regarding this.

The club do seem to have a knack of shooting themselves in the foot regarding basic customer service skills, as also shown in BB80's earlier post about his friend and his offer of sponsership.

The OWTB sponsorship deal is something I will be taking up on Monday !

suffice it to say ... well I just cant be arsed no more

Good attitude from a Trust Director. Not saying it's good business from Latics, but thought you'd be a bit more 'hardy' than that!

Not saying it's good business from Latics,

It's piss poor business from Latics, a very basic mistake that should not have happened, and the fact that they have shat on people who give up their spare time in order to help the club (not for the first time either, which is where I think wardle is coming from),and make the club a 5 figure sum makes it even worse. It's not hard to see why the club have failed to sell so many of the player sponsorships.

Fortunately for them the likelyhood is OWTB will still be sponsoring a player this season, and next season, and the season after. However, imagine if this had happened to an individual or a business, who wanted to sponsor Dale Stephens, handed over their hard earned cash to the club thinking they were sponsoring Dale Stephens, bought a programme only to find someone elses name next to the player they handed over their cash to sponsor. It would not be acceptable, and I personally don't think its acceptable regardless of whether the party wanting to sponsor Dale Stephens is OWTB, Trust Oldham, a person or group of people or a business. At the end of the day here, OWTB are paying customers, and that is not how you treat paying customers.

I'm guessing with nearly 45 percent of player sponsorship packages remaining unsold, that it isnt the first time the club have done this.

thought you'd be a bit more 'hardy' than that!

What do you mean by this, that as a Trust Director/OWTB staff we should be happy with the club shafting us out of our desired player sponsorship???

You absolutely had me cacking it there.

I started at this latest htread and was working back, and thought I had missed a huge story.

It's piss poor business from Latics, a very basic mistake that should not have happened, and the fact that they have shat on people who give up their spare time in order to help the club (not for the first time either, which is where I think wardle is coming from),and make the club a 5 figure sum makes it even worse. It's not hard to see why the club have failed to sell so many of the player sponsorships.

Fortunately for them the likelyhood is OWTB will still be sponsoring a player this season, and next season, and the season after. However, imagine if this had happened to an individual or a business, who wanted to sponsor Dale Stephens, handed over their hard earned cash to the club thinking they were sponsoring Dale Stephens, bought a programme only to find someone elses name next to the player they handed over their cash to sponsor. It would not be acceptable, and I personally don't think its acceptable regardless of whether the party wanting to sponsor Dale Stephens is OWTB, Trust Oldham, a person or group of people or a business. At the end of the day here, OWTB are paying customers, and that is not how you treat paying customers.

I'm guessing with nearly 45 percent of player sponsorship packages remaining unsold, that it isnt the first time the club have done this.

What do you mean by this, that as a Trust Director/OWTB staff we should be happy with the club shafting us out of our desired player sponsorship???

Some of those people give up their spare time and do a great job for no reward. Others do sod all and simply stick around for whatever reason.

It's not about the money OWTB raises and that figure is irrelevant in the player sponsorship discussions, since one does not depend on the other.

The point is one of common courtesy. Last season OWTB was ASKED to step aside to let someone else sponsor their player of choice (Furman), in order that the club could sell it to a buyer who was only interested in that player. OWTB duly obliged and took Purdie.

This time, it would seem, the question wasn't even asked. In fact the gazzumping wasn't even communicated by the club.

Some of those people give up their spare time and do a great job for no reward. Others do sod all and simply stick around for whatever reason.

It's not about the money OWTB raises and that figure is irrelevant in the player sponsorship discussions, since one does not depend on the other.

The point is one of common courtesy. Last season OWTB was ASKED to step aside to let someone else sponsor their player of choice (Furman), in order that the club could sell it to a buyer who was only interested in that player. OWTB duly obliged and took Purdie.

This time, it would seem, the question wasn't even asked. In fact the gazzumping wasn't even communicated by the club.

Exactly right stevie

But as I said earlier, it should not matter whether your paying customer is OWTB, Trust Oldham, an individual or business, you do not treat your paying customers that way, especially loyal customers who sponsor players year on year, and especially considering how many player sponsorship packages remain unsold.

And you are right again the q wasn't asked, we only found out when ste1987 noticed in the programme it was someone elses name next to dale stephens, I then text wardlelatic to see if he knew about it, which he didn't. But again as Ackey said, we deliberately asked the club who we could select from in order to avoid players who they could sell for a decent sum, and we were OFFERED Dale Stephens.

I said it wasn't good business.

I just don't think it's commendable for a Trust Director (wardle - not you) to say he can't be arsed any more on here, and then go touting for Playershare business. Thinking it, or saying it in private would be better - and totally understandable.

The being more hardy comment was my little flippant take on the matter, suggesting wardle might be better not chucking his toys out of the pram on here.

So that's what I mean by that. Ok?

I said it wasn't good business.

I just don't think it's commendable for a Trust Director (wardle - not you) to say he can't be arsed any more on here, and then go touting for Playershare business. Thinking it, or saying it in private would be better - and totally understandable.

The being more hardy comment was my little flippant take on the matter, suggesting wardle might be better not chucking his toys out of the pram on here.

So that's what I mean by that. Ok?

Might not have been the most "professional" post ever.

But jeez I can understand an unpaid volunteer letting being unprofessional on this one.

Your point stands. But even wardle is human!