Evolution - 27.04.2011

LMAO, the We are Latics site has reverted back to a countdown…erm horse has already bolted. You really couldn't make it up, could you? Big fanfare, sell £40 dinner tickets on the premise of exclusivity, then some tit lets the cat out of the bag and the mere minions know before the bloomin' soup's arrived….at The White Hart tables….

www.wearelatics.co.uk/evolution.html crest and kit still there

www.wearelatics.co.uk countdown never went away

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it hasn't already been mentioned then 20 pages on here plus some from other threads and all the website hits has probably made the club a bit of money even after getting someone to design a new badge. Now if only the club could market our games as well as it has our new badge we might be on to something.

the evolution 'begins' - smacks of a stadium and long-term future in the pipeline somewhere or else were we to be out of business in 3-5 years, why re-brand?

According to a commentor on Bob's facebook prior to the reveal, 'i though the new stadium plans was to be announced next week?'

whenever they will come out, i am sure new plans are afoot, Kaskenmoor school site is being widely tipped, with the land backing onto the gas works earmarked for the extra facilities etc and stadium with the school itself a car park........

Well I apologise that is the one that is it. K Lee won everything. They chatted bull:censored: all about how they built the badge. It got laughed at it was shocking. Tarky modeled the new away kit looks brilliant and it's all transferred. Feeney thought it would be funny to pull tarkys shorts down whilst been asked about the kit. All in all good night

the evolution 'begins' - smacks of a stadium and long-term future in the pipeline somewhere or else were we to be out of business in 3-5 years, why re-brand?

According to a commentor on Bob's facebook prior to the reveal, 'i though the new stadium plans was to be announced next week?'

whenever they will come out, i am sure new plans are afoot, Kaskenmoor school site is being widely tipped, with the land backing onto the gas works earmarked for the extra facilities etc and stadium with the school itself a car park........

So that narrows it down to friday 6th of may, as there is no chance they will introduce it before the 5th

I'd be very interested to know what it has cost OAFC to pay Latics fan Eden thingymajig for ALL of this hard work changing our badge.

We are possibly in the deepest financial poo-poo in our long and proud history and we have some mush making a hollabaloo about a feckin' new badge, black kit and call it EVOLUTION -

You couldn't make it up honest!!!

So that narrows it down to friday 6th of may, as there is no chance they will introduce it before the 5th

With the owl in the new crest looking so pissed off does that mean the mascot i.e chaddy need a more bad ass image also? lmao

F***ing SH1T.

Been a Latics fan since I was a boy.

Feel really short changed with a new naff badge (looks cheap, my 7 year old could do better with photoshop, what crap is this about the "hills of Oldham" and the "dark blue lines"?) and a "new" away kit. V nice, but don't we get one of those every 2 years anyway?

Where is the exciting evolution?

I worked with AH as a lad, painted the ground with his father and his father's mate. Remember them both taking a break every 30 minutes. Painted barriers in R Road end. I even painted the back metal wall in the Martins Stand with OAAFC or whatever.

Then when I hit 18, worked in the new sponsors lounge as a barman. (AH insisted in shirt and tie). All staff used to refer to him as Adolf Hardy. How true this became. Over selling himself and out promoting his ideas.

This EVOLUTION is embarassing.

Glad I don't call strangers gullible whilst setting my name on an Internet forum as 'creepy'.

Just sayin' :wink:

strangers? i know quite a few people who post on here, you dont know anything about me son (why my name is that)

but theres a decent chance i know you, being from Sholver an' all :wink:

I expected to hate the new badge. - I dont. I prefer the old one, but I think it could have been a lot worse.

The kit - I like it. As a full kit, thats the best we've had for years IMO. I always have a problem with some part normally, but I like this. Hopefully the quality is good.

Edited by pukka