Released by other clubs

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we'll be signing Reeves? from Altrincham...he's a Doncaster lad and has held talks with them. Dean Saunders explained that he'd love to have signed him up already but needs to offload his big earners who are still under contract first, hopes he'll hang fire until he's in a position to make it concrete.

Some from Arsenal released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18169711

Don't know anything about Gavin Hoyte.

Went on loan to Watford, then to BHA (when they were in our league), then to Lincoln and Wimbledon. Seemingly going backwards, I think Dickov may know about him as he played with Evina at Arsenal. He might be worth a look but if Evina was keepIng him out of the ressies at Arsenal then I can see us staying clear.

Isn't Stellar Sports who David Eyres works for?

Yeah Eyres was working for them, he was initially an 'adviser', not sue if he's fully-licensed now or what. I know he had dealings with Chris Taylor and was three or four years ago 'advising' him to move on.

Yeah Eyres was working for them, he was initially an 'adviser', not sue if he's fully-licensed now or what. I know he had dealings with Chris Taylor and was three or four years ago 'advising' him to move on.

I think he is, he has one or two of the youth team on his books. It's easy to tell who, look for the ones in the expensive new boots!

And Heskey has been released by Villa :imnotworthy:

Just got this off football rumours site, pasted in;

24 May 2012 03:55:54

Oldham transfer targets

Billy Paynter - Leeds - Free

David Clarkson - Bristol City - Free

Jon Otsemobor - Sheff Wed - Free

Giles Coke - Sheff Wed - Nominal Fee

Reece Brown - Man United - Loan (Season)

Reliable Source!

Anyway, I think all of those are definitely affordable, who posted it though? Come on...

Oldham transfer targets

Reliable Source!

Anyway, I think all of those are definitely affordable, who posted it though? Come on...

Paynter - unsure do we need another big lump up front?

Oldham transfer targets

Reliable Source!

Well it'd be interesting if it is true, as we've just released this fella, and Man United have seemingly just signed him up to loan him out, and try and get a ridiculously over-priced fee for him for being a "Manchester United player", like most of their youth product that they know aren't good enough but try to squeeze as much money out of Football League teams as possible. Like I say, he never made an appearance for our first team, and looked OK in the youth team, but a bit out of his depth in any of the friendly games in pre-season. Couldn't believe it when Man Utd signed him up on a free transfer, after we deemed him "not good enough"!

Edited by Joey

Well it'd be interesting if it is true, as we've just released this fella, and Man United have seemingly just signed him up to loan him out, and try and get a ridiculously over-priced fee for him for being a "Manchester United player", like most of their youth product that they know aren't good enough but try to squeeze as much money out of Football League teams as possible. Like I say, he never made an appearance for our first team, and looked OK in the youth team, but a bit out of his depth in any of the friendly games in pre-season. Couldn't believe it when Man Utd signed him up on a free transfer, after we deemed him "not good enough"!

Are you getting him mixed up with someone else? PNE haven't just released Reece Brown.

I think you need to look at the Brown part, he's been at Utd for ever,

Oops I thought it said Reece James. I blame it on the lack of the sleep. :petesake:

Still my point stands as Man Utd have just signed James after being released by ourselves, but obviously it'd be too far-fetched to make up a rumour about a nobody. Because let's face it that website is full of people making up rumours.

Oops I thought it said Reece James. I blame it on the lack of the sleep. :petesake:

Still my point stands as Man Utd have just signed James after being released by ourselves, but obviously it'd be too far-fetched to make up a rumour about a nobody. Because let's face it that website is full of people making up rumours.

Has Westley been texting you in the early hours - or is it just players he does that to!?

Gary Naysmith, Gary Roberts, Danny Cadamarteri, Tommy Miller, Nathan Clarke, Aidan Chippendale and Simon Thomas all released by Huddersfield - I heard a rumour we may be interested in Roberts, but surely he'd be out of our price range?

Gary Naysmith, Gary Roberts, Danny Cadamarteri, Tommy Miller, Nathan Clarke, Aidan Chippendale and Simon Thomas all released by Huddersfield - I heard a rumour we may be interested in Roberts, but surely he'd be out of our price range?

Aside from the last two- who I've not heard of I'd be happy with the rest of them and we could be in contention too.