Dickov turns down Crawley

Crawley have money and are on a sound financial footing?

they would give a new manager money

its would be a risk to go to them though..........

but is it also a risk to stay?

Would Corney have even give permission?

Why do you feel it is a risk to stay?

Why do you feel it is a risk to stay?

a club with no money in his 3rd year, we need to improve this year or Crawley? a club that will give him spending power that is on the up

i think he and the team will do just fine this year but if injurys decimate is we are basically :censored:ed

Shez had 3 years and now sits back in league 2 - unless Dickov produces other clubs will stop watching him

I am very glad he is staying though

Edited by palmer1

not if rumors are to be believed, apparently they're cutting back, hence why Evans left

not if rumors are to be believed, apparently they're cutting back, hence why Evans left

fair enough if thats the case...... but he did leave to go team with probably more money and a brand new stadium and because he is a :censored:

Huge season for Dickov this. 17th & 16th in league one from 2 seasons is hardly anything to write home about when you look at it in the cold hard light of day, especially as it's turned out that the budget wasn't quite as bad as it was initially rumoured to be in each of those seasons.

He said last season he wanted improvement & progression - in terms of league places and cup runs. He got that; dramatically in the cups but just about in the league.

This time, once again; both PD and now Corney have come out and said they expect top half - Corney saying top 6 in his latest blog - so whether right or wrong; expectations and a tangible marker have been set (and raised).

The brand of football he had us playing at the start of the 2010-2011 season quite rightly had people sitting up & taking notice of the "young up-start manager" in his 1st job. IIRC he was straight away linked with vacant jobs in the championship (IIRC Leicester was mooted wasn't it, Watford too?), but; as the sides form dipped dramatically, so did the links.

On the face of it - at present - I highly doubt with what he has managed to achieve with us to date, that PD is on the radar of many teams really, regardless of how nice a bloke he is or how well he handles himself around the club. Results & achieves rule for the most part, and he hasn't done a great deal with us all told.

As for the Crawley approach, if true - I think it's good news for us, as it continues the continuity of his management; hopefully allowing him to progress us this season. If I was him, I wouldn't have made the move, but it's good to see that he hasn't jumped at the 1st opportunity this season.

Credit to PD for staying. He obviously believes that there is a job to finish at BP and, hopefully, wants to see it through. He's had his critics, but I honestly believe that he is the best manager we have had in years.

OK, apart from last season's cup runs, he's not pulled up any trees, but success rarely happens overnight for a rookie manager. It's been said many times that it took Big Joe 5 years to get anywhere near what he wanted and that didn't turn out too shabby.

Respect to PD and all at BP for all that is being done to put Latics on the up again. I'm more confident than I've been in years.

Slightly off topic, but I just had a quick squint at the Crawley website to see if there was any reaction. Looking down the list of club officials is this:

Kit Manager:

Marco Quasimodo.

What shape are the bloody shirts?

Edited by Bristolatic

Credit to PD for staying. He obviously believes that there is a job to finish at BP and, hopefully, wants to see it through. He's had his critics, but I honestly believe that he is the best manager we have had in years.

OK, apart from last season's cup runs, he's not pulled up any trees, but success rarely happens overnight for a rookie manager. It's been said many times that it took Big Joe 5 years to get anywhere near what he wanted and that didn't turn out too shabby.

Respect to PD and all at BP for all that is being done to put Latics on the up again. I'm more confident than I've been in years.

Slightly off topic, but I just had a quick squint at the Crawley website to see if there was any reaction. Looking down the list of club officials is this:

Kit Manager:

Marco Quasimodo.

What shape are the bloody shirts?

I bet he gets the right hump when people take the mickey out of his name.

That'll be the Trialist Kit man that they are hoping to keep under wraps....

I wouldnt say there on a strong financial footing.

No-one said they did. The report said he had turned down the chance to talk to them and as so many people appear to be doing the same my totally unknowledgeable opinion is that there is a feeling within the game that something ain't right there. It looks like an attractve option on paper....

Edited by Dave_Og