And naa you gonna believe us and naaa you gonna believe us and naa you gonna believe uuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssss

.....Were gunna finish midtable after looking good up until March

Right i'm going to be 'that guy'... It's only a friendly - it means naff all.

I saw us against Fleetwood and we were fantastic, apparently we were great again tonight but it counts for nothing. Why am i being the killjoy? Because we'll get our hopes up waaaay too much before the season even starts.

If we beat Sheffield Wednesday i'll be chuffed to bits, this game (whilst its always nice beating City) doesn't do anything for me expect worry me about our fans expectations. For me the best bit tonight was getting no injuries and getting a financial boost so that we can bring in some good loanee's.

There blonde centre half kid was good, Mcgivern was his name,

I agree, solid......... he looked familiar and also like he had been around for years.

Also thought number 4 looked pretty decent, Shay Facey.

Wouldn't mind the number 10 on a season long............ is it Nasri or something? :grin:

Didn't fancy that Milner fella though.

I agree, solid......... he looked familiar and also like he had been around for years.

Also thought number 4 looked pretty decent, Shay Facey.

Wouldn't mind the number 10 on a season long............ is it Nasri or something? :grin:

Didn't fancy that Milner fella though.

Don't want that Hart they had on in first half, don't think he even saved a shot!

Right i'm going to be 'that guy'... It's only a friendly - it means naff all.

I saw us against Fleetwood and we were fantastic, apparently we were great again tonight but it counts for nothing. Why am i being the killjoy? Because we'll get our hopes up waaaay too much before the season even starts.

If we beat Sheffield Wednesday i'll be chuffed to bits, this game (whilst its always nice beating City) doesn't do anything for me expect worry me about our fans expectations. For me the best bit tonight was getting no injuries and getting a financial boost so that we can bring in some good loanee's.

Got to agree with that.

We've had a few great pre-season's followed by horrendous starts - I'm erring on the side of caution.

The thing about tonight is we seemed hell bent on winning, while City treated it like it was the pre-season friendly that it was (and still hit the post twice and missed a sitter...). I know we don't have the strength in depth that City have, but we should have made the changes earlier - chucking some of the kids in for half an hour would have given them invaluable experience against the best. Who cares if we'd have ended up losing? We knew by 60 minutes that our first eleven were up to scratch...

Great result, but no surprises - Simpson, Wes, Furman and Croft were (and are going to be for this season) central to everything we do.