Football Rivalry Census

If an opinion had to be expressed, then I'm surprised the Wigan option was selected given our relative positions. Would have thought Tranmere more likely.

I'm also quite surprised that we're not on the list of least offensive clubs if only that I can't imagine that too many give us a second thought. Having said that, I should imagine that most of the votes 'against' us came from within our own fan-base. ;)

If an opinion had to be expressed, then I'm surprised the Wigan option was selected given our relative positions. Would have thought Tranmere more likely.

I'm also quite surprised that we're not on the list of least offensive clubs if only that I can't imagine that too many give us a second thought. Having said that, I should imagine that most of the votes 'against' us came from within our own fan-base. ;)

I can't drum up any passion towards a rivalry with any of the teams in our division as it stands. Tranmere are slightly annoying, but once we part-take in another dull, mid-table, 0-0/scrappy 1-0 game with them, any kind of hostility will be replaced by mutual pity.

If it was "most hated" then Wigan would definitely be second, but then Rochdale wouldn't be first.

Depends if it's dislike or rivalry. I dislike United, City and most of all Leeds, but we don't really have a real rivalry with any of them. We do have more of a rivalry with other sides who've played at our level.

It's still amusing that Tranmere have us as number one, though in hindsight given that they haven't played at the same level as Liverpool or Everton for who knows how many years then it's not overly surprising. Hoping with Uncle Ronald back the rivalry does continue, it's nice when fixtures have a bit of needle to them.

Wondered how long it'd take.. No shame being third behind Wrexham and Chester though, sights are set high.

I actually do see Tranmere as rivals, how Dale are on there I'll never know.. Nice to have the derby but couldn't even dislike them let alone see them as rivals.

Edited by longtimeblue

[

Blimey. The trannies have nothing better to do than have us as main rivals?? I thought that ship had sailed.

One sided rivalry that tbf. Our lot couldn't give a toss about Tranmere unless Ronnie is there. They seem obsessed with us though for some reason, hence some of their supporters even having 50 posts on our messageboard ^^^

Why are we acting like a Sheffield Wednesday laughing at Barnsley and Docaster for disliking us? Tranmere, in terms of modern-era rivalries, are probably behind Huddersfield for this club. I enjoy playing Tranmere and beating them. It was born out of Ronnie Moore, of course, and that is what the Rovers lot refer to as well. It's good to have and I think it should be encouraged (it no doubt will flare up again this year). I know full well that is forum will be very smug should we beat Rovers home and away.

Our rivalries are not historical or based on distance-related, but through association. Very much like Manchester United's run-ins with Chelsea and Leeds over the years. I do think Latics v Huddersfield is the lower league version of MUFC V Leeds. Not as intense, although I've seen it go off in the centre of town before now.

In terms of clubs I'd like to beat there are whole host of them. I'd rather beat Tranmere than Rochdale. We haven't a single reason to dislike Rochdale. If I meet a Dale fan I'll wind them up a bit and vice versa, whereas Tranmere there's something there. But nothing pleases me more than beating Manchester City. That's been with me long before they had money. Why? I'm not sure. It's deep-rooted and very illogical.

i remeber when it was Bolton. That got quite nasty for a while back in the 70s. Blackburn for a short spell, when they averaged 5,000 (or less).

Then it became City in the 80s and 90s. Still is for me, but, for the club, i'd also say Huddersfield and Tranmere.

Rochadale just remind me of a sad puppy mongrel in a dogs home.