Almost A Complete Performance

Insipid first 20 minutes apart we dominated from then on. Hit the woodwork twice, couple of good saves and a shocking miss from Montano. Baxter excellent, Croft best work for weeks.

As for Furman why doesn't he do that more often pushed on and set up the two late goals!!! Well done a good performance from all now off to get pissed. When we close teams down and have a go we are a much better side

-

First 20 minutes , usual gift goal and hoof the ball to their land of the giants team .....perhaps we hadn't seen how they play .

Last 70 minutes , exciting , non stop attacking performance of quality passing , shooting and defending.

Baxter ----on another planet to all the other players , the highest compliment I can give him is it was like watching Andy Ritchie

Mvoto --- I have expressed my views on here when I believe he has been poor . Today was a masterclass in hard man defending , he was an absolute rock.

Croft ---- Turned them inside out , super show.

Cisak ---- Super save to keep it 1 nil , classy as ever.

Montano ----- shocking miss , but got better and better.

Wabara - slow start , but strolling like a superstar by the end

Grounds -----solid performance

Brown ----getting better with each game

Furman & Wes ----the longer the game went on , the more they dominated.

Derbyshire ----give this quality finisher the goods and he will deliver , top man.

For 20 minutes we hoofed it hopefully, pointlessly.

Whoever made the call to cut out that :censored:e and get it on the deck ... Well done.

That's what we're good at. That's how we should play.

Special call out for Warbara. A leader at centre half. Really impressed.

For 20 minutes we hoofed it hopefully, pointlessly.

Whoever made the call to cut out that :censored:e and get it on the deck ... Well done.

That's what we're good at. That's how we should play.

Special call out for Warbara. A leader at centre half. Really impressed.

Warbara did well after they stopped using brown as a target man. He struggled horrendously for 20 mins. Couldn't understand why he was marking him and not mvoto. Not a cb unless he can improve in the air. Special mention to Connor brown. Thought he was excellent.

Warbara did well after they stopped using brown as a target man. He struggled horrendously for 20 mins. Couldn't understand why he was marking him and not mvoto. Not a cb unless he can improve in the air. Special mention to Connor brown. Thought he was excellent.

totally agree, Wabara had a shocking first half hour and didnt recover from his mistake for their goal. Brown was brilliant and gives Dickov genuine selection problems for when Byrne and Tarky come back.

For once, Dickov's half time talk did the trick, he let Crofty come inside and whatever he did worked and we deserved the win by far. They put Rob Jones up front with about 25 to go which helped us but shows how good we were

Cisak ---- Super save to keep it 1 nil , classy as ever.

Didn't end up going today but Cisak does pull off home blinding saves. Although Bouazzzzzinis hasn't done anything wrong and probably deservedly kept his shirt, I don't remember him pulling off as many quality saves as Cisak. Cisak made a couple of minor errors which got blown out of proportion for me. If here's any truth in the Accy contract conspiracy, that ship's sailed and we have to pay up. If so, I hope and expect Cisak to keep the shirt.

So, with Byrne available again on Saturday, would you bring him back in or go with the same 11 again? I wasn't there, so I don't know.

Byrne comes straight back in, no question. The question is Wabara or Brown at RB, I'd probably go for Wabara there but it will be harsh on Brown. They both dropped a few clangers today but that is what you get with young lads, both of them recovered and got back on with their games.

When we play football we look good and get the results, Donny looked a bit shell shocked to be losing, I've not read their manager's comments but I bet he can't believe how they lost that game. We really did find another gear and went from sublime to ridiculous, but in reverse, we can not start matches like that and get away with it each week, we were unlucky with Wabara's slip but the goal had been coming. Our equaliser coming when it did just settled us and what ever Dickov said at half time did the trick.

I was tempted to give it a miss today but so glad I didn't, it was only of those days when I am glad to be a Latic.

Both Wes and Furman played further forward and showed a desire to get beyond the ball which made a huge difference.

Pleased for Derbyshire too as he had gone a few without a goal and with more support from midfield he didn't look so isolatedand was able to find space for both his goals.

We've shown what we can do when we put it together now lets follow this up with a few more performances like that.

Thats 3 wins in 4 now.

Roll on round 3

I'm over the moon but like Prizac said; a little bit annoyed that we don't play like that week in week out. The difference between that and the Tuesday night game that Donnie totally nullified us in was sensational. The football was fantastic.

Now we have a platform for weeks to come. When Baxter performs well it radiates to the rest of the players and we made an abundance of chances.

I hope Dickov learns from today. PUSH WES and DEAN FURMAN upfield and we are dynamic and potent. The interplay for the 2nd goal was them two passing one-twos on the edge of the opposition box. How often can we say we've seen that that this season?

I'm still buzzing and hopefully the draw tomorrow will make us more excited for the bext round.

Fantastic performance and there will certainly be more to see us in round 3.

very frustrated with the first terrible 20 minutes. why on earth would you launch the ball to our small strikers when they've got giant centre-halfs. this was Oldham at their worst.

then we we get Oldham at their best. ball on the floor. high tempo. move the ball with pace. get into their faces. press the oppostion. work the moves. two great moves for the second half goals. could easily have scored 6-7.

why the hell can't we do this consistantly. if we do then we'll still piss this crap league.

Baxter - what more can be said. Sheer quality. every spark came from him.

for me, special mention for Brown. thought he really improved as the game went on and he clearly got more confidence.

PLEASE play to your strengths, and do it consistantly. no high balls, no long balls. pass and move. use pace. press and keep pressing.

bleeding cold though....just warming up

Edited by bigfatjoe1

very frustrated with the first terrible 20 minutes. why on earth would you launch the ball to our small strikers when they've got giant centre-halfs. this was Oldham at their worst.

then we we get Oldham at their best. ball on the floor. high tempo. move the ball with pace. get into their faces. press the oppostion. work the moves. two great moves for the second half goals. could easily have scored 6-7.

why the hell can't we do this consistantly. if we do then we'll still piss this crap league.

Baxter - what more can be said. Sheer quality. every spark came from him.

for me, special mention for Brown. thought he really improved as the game went on and he clearly got more confidence.

PLEASE play to your strengths, and do it consistantly. no high balls, no long balls. pass and move. use pace. press and keep pressing.

bleeding cold though....just warming up

This. A million times over.

Byrne comes straight back in, no question. The question is Wabara or Brown at RB, I'd probably go for Wabara there but it will be harsh on Brown. They both dropped a few clangers today but that is what you get with young lads, both of them recovered and got back on with their games.

When we play football we look good and get the results, Donny looked a bit shell shocked to be losing, I've not read their manager's comments but I bet he can't believe how they lost that game. We really did find another gear and went from sublime to ridiculous, but in reverse, we can not start matches like that and get away with it each week, we were unlucky with Wabara's slip but the goal had been coming. Our equaliser coming when it did just settled us and what ever Dickov said at half time did the trick.

I was tempted to give it a miss today but so glad I didn't, it was only of those days when I am glad to be a Latic.

Agree with nearly all this.

I thought the early goal drained more confidence from the team and, to be fair to Donny, they played assertively and positively. we gradually got more and more into the game and the confidence grew. almost pefect timimg for the equaliser!

Second half Wes stayed back and Furman pushed forward, Croft and Baxter really looked excellent - and Movoto was immense/

And, crucially I think, the conditions helped us. The pitch was becoming more slippery and our mobility worked better than their size.

Credit to all the team , and to the management.

Absolutely outstanding the last 60mins, we passed it so well and the movement was excellent

Baxter was unbelievable they couldn't handle him, his ball in 1st half for montano miss was a worldie

, He was in the hoke behind derbyshire hust pulling the strings picking whatever pass he fancied

Everyone was excellent but for me furman was the pick although if had score players out of 10 not 1 would have got less than an 8

I would play the same team next week so no Byrne, it makes you wonder why we can't do it everyweek but we did it the most important weekend of the season so far, can't wait for the draw

Great team performance after a shaky first few minutes but an even better win given Donnys good away record.We could have won by an even bigger margin as well.Only slight criticism was that we put a couple of balls into the pen box when no one was there.Bring on the draw!

2 simple tactics that we need to learn -

1/ Keep the ball on the floor

2/ Make Furman play in the opponents half not ours.

Now PD we have done that 4 times this season -

Crewe , Preston , Sheffield Utd and today.

Now what was the score in those 4 games - enough said.

Please please please please please please please please PD

LEARN THE LESSON.

Well Paul when you need a win and push everyone forward just look what happens. This is Oldham, lets win 3 2 rather than 1 0 or as it has been lose. So simple you have the players - use them! City have not lost but Utd are top because they go for the win. Go for it. Brilliant performance!

Great team performance after a shaky first few minutes but an even better win given Donnys good away record.We could have won by an even bigger margin as well.Only slight criticism was that we put a couple of balls into the pen box when no one was there.Bring on the draw!

I've been saying for weeks that if we get firms and wes closer to our front men we will look a different team and that Derbyshire would be far more prolific when that happened, today it did and what a revelation. Well done everyody We looked like a proper team at last.