Rumour about dowie

Something isn't right.

It might be that everything's right.

Preferred candidate identified and engaged. Makes proposals about the longer term structure of the footballing side of the club. Owner can't afford it, but knows a man who can. Talks ongoing to fund a key change of approach at Latics.

Cart me away now folks.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chronicle tonight reporting the deal is fading :shock: :shock:

The Chron are guessing or have been told by Corney. If they have been told by Corney why not print it like that....a load of bollox.

They have put 2 and 2 together and got 5! They know about as much as we do...f### all!!

The club have been speaking to Dowie for a while now, if it was purely down to money they wouldn't have been talking in the first place......I still reckon it's Dowie who'll be our manager and announced after the weekend.

Preferred candidate identified and engaged. Makes proposals about the longer term structure of the footballing side of the club. Owner can't afford it, but knows a man who can. Talks ongoing to fund a key change of approach at Latics.

Cart me away now folks.

This would make sense if someone was already in place who Dowie trusted and had worked with in the past and who, therefore, was already managing the club as he would want it to be managed......and if a future coach was also put in place....so, yes, makes sense.

dowie deal very unlikely now from feedback i've received

personally speaking, maybe Mr C is out in the US trying to tempt investors on the back of Liverpool etc in order to aid the fund to gwt Dowie back be it salary or wage budgets etc?

Either way as it stands it seems Dowie is quite happy talking crap to a camera rather than truly getting back into management.

Surely he has built up enough reserves cash wise in order to offset a cut in salary - unless its a dramatic drop then i would have thought he'd be bang up for it?

OK with the idea of TP getting it til June, but beyond that it'd be harsh to then have to part ways with him if it came to it, unless they said 'it's not workig go back to the youths'?

guess it'll be another month before we hear something............TP til June is fine but beyond that - who would we really want in charge assuming we stay up???? (aside from dowie)

Tough Tough call

Cart me away now folks.

Someone on twitter asked Ian cheeseman from bbc radio manchester about dowie taking over . This was his reply

@IanCheeseman: @Greatest_786 I wonder if ownership issues are the priority at the moment?

I asked Mike keegan if this had any truth , this is his reply

@MENOAFC: @davidhughes71 Plenty of talk of it. Radio Manc have decent Bolton connections - read into that what you will...

Could be your right !

Someone on twitter asked Ian cheeseman from bbc radio manchester about dowie taking over . This was his reply

@IanCheeseman: @Greatest_786 I wonder if ownership issues are the priority at the moment?

I asked Mike keegan if this had any truth , this is his reply

@MENOAFC: @davidhughes71 Plenty of talk of it. Radio Manc have decent Bolton connections - read into that what you will...

Could be your right !

What have Bolton got to do with our ownership situation?

1. nobody has a clue who it is , not keegan , chambers or cheeseman , so whats with all the cryptics ? Also whats with the attention seekers pretending they have insiders etc, what is it ? Bit sad i say, speculating something will happen hope they are right, and say i told you so . And why is it always 48 hours ? Just stick to writing on the crappy rumours site atleast that way everyone knows its bullturd. One thing we do know is its upto TP at the moment so lets get behind him for now, and stick it to the other lot of work dodgers on saturday, enjoy the day and then worry about our league scrap

I'm not excited about Sammy Lee either but am not damning him yet.

What do we want from a manager?

1. A good tactician

2. Someone who can attract good players

3. A good motivator

4. A good coach

If we get someone who ticks all boxes then we're laughing but there aren't many like that out there. Lee may tick more (or as many) boxes as others - or at least amongst those who are willing to come here.

I do get the impression that because he's not "charismatiic" and always in the media he's being condemned .

Edited by LaticsPete

I'm not excited about Sammy Lee either but am not damning him yet.

What do we want from a manager?

1. A good tactician

2. Someone who can attract good players

3. A good motivator

4. A good coach

If we get someone who ticks all boxes then we're laughing but there aren't many like that out there. Lee may tick more (or as many) boxes as others - or at least amongst those who are willing to come here.

I do get the impression that because he's not "charismatiic" and always in the media he's being condemned .

I'm not damming him and he'll get the fans backing.

Lee would take any job whereas Dowie would put stipulations in place and could afford to be a little more choosey. I'll support whoever gets it but if we employed Dowie it'd mean we'd met his ambitions and for me it'd feel like we had a good chance going forward. Starting a full season with a gung ho Dowie giving it the big one could reap rewards in terms of ticket sales and positivity.

Not that I don't think Lee could do a job but I'd be underwhelmed if being honest.