Milligan interview

Spoilt by the caption for the Yard Dogs.

The Dogs-of-War quote of Joe Royle was about his Everton side that won the FA cup after he left us.

Yard Dogs was a term Frizz used for us when he was in temporary charge at Citeh (where he was general manager).

Yard Dogs was a term Frizz used for us when he was in temporary charge at Citeh (where he was general manager).

Yeah, when we won 2-1 at maine Road in 1987. A year later and we had hundreds of inflatable black and white dogs in the Chaddy end.

That's a really brilliant article by the way. Brought back a lot of memories.

Yeah, when we won 2-1 at maine Road in 1987. A year later and we had hundreds of inflatable black and white dogs in the Chaddy end.

That's a really brilliant article by the way. Brought back a lot of memories.

I didn't have a yard dog. I had a 5 foot inflatable cigarette that I drew a happy Mondays logo on the tip in coloured felt tips. Madness. Why the hell did we take all that :censored: in the ground? I couldn't see the game for dogs most of the time. Mind you, we did that much bouncing around in the chaddy I probably only saw about 20 minutes of any game! Great days, oh how I miss them.

Good read, even for those who joined the party post-94. Ackey and I met Mike Milligan in a pub last year, top bloke. Now scouting for Norwich IIRC and was doing some work for the FA.

Out of interest, there seem to be two programme covers for the 1990 Everton game on that article, was that commonplace?!

Good read, even for those who joined the party post-94. Ackey and I met Mike Milligan in a pub last year, top bloke. Now scouting for Norwich IIRC and was doing some work for the FA.

Out of interest, there seem to be two programme covers for the 1990 Everton game on that article, was that commonplace?!

Interesting.

My programme for the first match, 17th Feb , has the Earl Barrett photo, whilst the one for the second replay , 10th March, is the Frankie Bunn one.

The same Frankie Bunn photo appeared on the programmes for the 3rd Rnd replay v Birmingham, and the 4th Rnd v Brighton.

Earl Barrett on the 6th Rnd programme v A Villa.

Edited by LaticsPete

I didn't have a yard dog. I had a 5 foot inflatable cigarette that I drew a happy Mondays logo on the tip in coloured felt tips. Madness. Why the hell did we take all that :censored: in the ground? I couldn't see the game for dogs most of the time. Mind you, we did that much bouncing around in the chaddy I probably only saw about 20 minutes of any game! Great days, oh how I miss them.

Iv'e still got my Yarddog somewhere,also had an inflatable blue crayon,a leg!!! e.t.c.

My eldest is 22 now and still can't understand why we did it....

I even remember paddling pools flying around the chaddy

Edited by SAV

Iv'e still got my Yarddog somewhere,also had an inflatable blue crayon,a leg!!! e.t.c.

My eldest is 22 now and still can't understand why we did it....

I even remember paddling pools flying around the chaddy

It allstarted.at Citeh, Imre Varadi got called Imre banana and the inflatable fyffesstarted to appear. You can still see some among the Citeh fans.

It allstarted.at Citeh, Imre Varadi got called Imre banana and the inflatable fyffesstarted to appear. You can still see some among the Citeh fans.

My yard dog got bit by a police dog at West Brom in the '88-'89 season and burst. Which was probably for the best as about a month later they were passé. Perhaps in his own simple way he was trying to tell me something.

I those days players use to be able to play two games in a day, the second game was the replay from the game (drawn) earlier that day