M'Changama - Released

If he has said he wants to leave, why did we release him. As if we had offered him a new contract on exactly the same terms, which can't have been much, we would have gotten compensation.

I rated him and although I thought he was a bit light-weight for this league that wouldn't have mattered if we played him with the right player.

This is really baffling as I can see the logic in keeping him on, and I'm struggling to see the logic in releasing him early.

I do think that maybe he didn't quite fit into the dressing room culture at the club this season, and maybe it's a sign that Big Jean is off in June, as I'd imagine those two were matey.

Anyway good luck to him and I do hope he does something significant in football.

Edited by rudemedic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's not going to play again this season, and would prefer to play somewhere else (overseas) next season, it makes complete sense.

Do people think he should be invited on to the open-top bus tour at the end of the season?

Calm down!

Edited by opinions4u

Another good and improving player that will slip out of our reach. This is some sort of money saving dodge whilst we continue to help him recover because he is out for the season. All I ask is did we need to know that another player is leaving?

I also take the point on the FA Cup money - is there any evidence that this has been spent, beyond any win bonus, on the players or staff?

Another good and improving player that will slip out of our reach. This is some sort of money saving dodge whilst we continue to help him recover because he is out for the season. All I ask is did we need to know that another player is leaving?

I also take the point on the FA Cup money - is there any evidence that this has been spent, beyond any win bonus, on the players or staff?

Some of the FA Cup money has been spent om Bernard, Obita and Iwelumo. However, unless Changy has said he wants to go to another club next season, or his injury will affect the rest of his career I don't see the logic in this. It can't be a footballing reason because TP is not getting involved in this, it's SC's decision. SC has also said that now Furman has left he may bring in a replacement, but no-one is available to scout a possible loanee.

BAD NEWS CONTINUES.....................He looked a real talent, he needed a good 10 game run to stamp himself on the team, he will go on to bigger and better things no doubt. He was awsome v Liverpool until the injury good luck Changy!

Mchangama de de de de der Mchangama de de de de, Mchangama de de de de der Mchangama de de de de, Mchangama de de de de der Mchangama de de de de

Really think he should have kept this lad ad offered him a new contract in Summer. with his injury, we could have negotiated the wage a bit, "we're not sure how you'll recover" etc etc but even without that he has talent and potential.

As has been said before, right now, I'm very ticked off with the way things are going. Players going, no sign of a new manager or help for TP, :censored: performances on the pitch. What is there to be happy about right now? Liverpool game seems so long ago. 2 weeks ago I was 99% sure we'd stay up, now I'm 50/50 and its wavering

Winchester and Mellor must be rubbing their hands though.....

Another two players who may possibly never reach their potential due to the way they were brought through once TP had worked his magic with them....

By releasing M'Changama (I reckon it was our decision, not his intention to leave) we are saying that Winchester and Mellor are better, more worthy talents.

Winchester is probably closer to 1st team football than Mellor but I'd say neither are in M'Changama's level yet.

Looks like our plan is to concentrate on Winchester and Mellor and lead them into the team next season.

if it was our call to let him go then im disappointed, thought changy had potential to be a good central midfielder and felt he was unfairly criticised by a few whilst playing out of position on the wing.

If it was his choice to leave then good look to him.

Edited by 4froale

Really disappointed in this. Actually more so than for Furman......

Rated the lad and thought there was plenty to work with. Shame he wont get the chance to fulfill on that potential with us.

As others have said, if this is purely 'our' decision, and not something led from Changy himself, then i'm baffled by it. Saw him recovering from the injury and challenging for a 1st X1 spot next season.

All the best anyway Yousuff, hope he gets fixed up soon