Lee Johnson in frame for Manager's job

I hope its Johnson rather than Brown for the long term. Think Johnson could do something special with an experienced head beside him eg Lennie Lawrence.

Why, what has Johnson done to gain such blind faith... Id take Jones, I know he's like marmite but listening to him on the radio and TV he actually knows a bit about the game. I think he had a bit of a tough time, bit of depression in there too. His past has made him a bit more humble and you cant question his desire to get back into the game.

We could alot worse than appoint Brown, take Johnson as coach if needed. But we need a steady ship, Brown and Horton would be okish.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so lets see if you had the choice of 2

Lee Johnson - Couldnt find a club to play for at 31 so according to a few articles rumours today is in line for the job, no manager or coaching expereince

or

Phil Brown - Looking for work, plenty of experience, a top coach for along time at Bolton and then a Championship winner with Hull and helped them survive for a year in the prem

not difficult is it?.......................................

Lee Johnson's Blue and White Army :chubb::scarf001:

I'll still be buying a season ticket regardless of who we appoint and what division we're in. We just like going, you see and if it's crap we talk about it being crap and what should be done to change it. On the odd occasion when it's good we bask in it a bit. Regardless of results, we just generally prefer it when the football season is running rather than not.

If it turns out to be LJ then, it's clearly not someone I'd have nominated (never heard of him) but nor would I be looking to right him off. He may have someone with experience to guide him and if he turns out to be an untarnished, vibrant young manager who keeps us up then that's more than good enough for me.

Ian Cheeseman tweeting to suggest Johnson too... Defies belief...

-

If it is Johnson I will give him my support, BUT, its a serious gamble from the board... Sweet Jesus, the board of directors fill me with dread everytime they have to make a big decsion for the club.

<OAFC name their new manager tomorrow, it's NOT Kuqi or Dowie, It's someone you won't be expecting!</p>—

From Ian Cheeseman on Twitter

Edited by cav

Surely Brown (with Horton) would always have been out of our price range?

Not really mate, they were pitching together to get the Partick Thistle job, when I spoke to Phil Brown last week he just wants to get back into the game.

***Warning, the following post may contain irrational hysteria***

If this is true then the club will not get another penny from me.

Until you notice that "the brand of football played by Oldham Athletic in the 2013/2014 season defied belief, as they crushed the opposition with a 36 game unbeaten run to finish the season as champions of Division 1 with a record points total. Manager Lee Johnson was being touted as the man to take over at Man City as Mancini called it a day." With the new stand complete the future looks bright for the boys from Boundary Park.

The fact that the club have told someone from the BBC so he can rub it in our faces shows how much the club value the people who keep them afloat, just announce it now if it's a done deal ffs, we are going down I said we are going down!