Lee Johnson in frame for Manager's job

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Defies belief, if this happened in the summer like Dickov then ok, not great but we'd get on with it. We're in a relegation battle we need a MANAGER, a motivator, a coach, a tactician, an ability to get that extra 5% out of this team of no marks.

If Corney has decided to appoint this unknown then he really has been spouting crap about wanting the best for the club, he's relegated us already and has the perfect excuse to walk, and move the goalposts on other promised projects too...

A bit of a kid at 31, with no local connections or connections full stop will not get us out of the hole we are in.

We either keep TP or bring in someone of the ilk of Brown with Horton.

Edited by oafcprozac

If this happens my season ticket money will be staying in the bank we are turing into a laughing stock ffs

...and if he actually does keep us up, plays a great brand of football and we start doing well in the league, then what?

Like most I would've rather got Dowie or even Phil bloody Brown but we're jumping to conclusions.

I don't like this premature despair. I agree it doesn't look like a great appointment yet but lets wait and see before making judgements.

Edited by NewBlue

...and if he actually does keep us up, plays a great brand of football and we start doing well in the league, then what?

I don't like this premature despair. I agree it doesn't look like a great appointment yet but lets wait and see before making judgements.

We need someone who can come in and hit the ground running, not a YTS learning on the job in the middle of a :censored:ing relegation battle!

Defies belief, if this happened in the summer like Dickov then ok, not great but we'd get on with it. We're in a relegation battle we need a MANAGER, a motivator, a coach, a tactician, an ability to get that extra 5% out of this team of no marks.

If Corney has decided to appoint this unknown then he really has been spouting crap about wanting the best for the club, he's relegated us already and has the perfect excuse to walk, and move the goalposts on other promised projects too...

A bit of a kid at 31, will no local connections or connections full stop will get us out of the hole we are in.

We either keep TP or bring in someone of the ilk of Brown with Horton.

An extra 5% of cock all is still cock all ;)

Its a fair point though. If we want to bring an inexperienced manager in, the summer is the time to do it. Right now we need experience.

Let's be honest, this would be an underwhelming appointment at any point but if he gets it now, nothing personal, it's just odd.

Think we'll be alright, just, regardless but this would be an odder than odd appointment. If Dowie was only offered until the end of the season, surely this would be the same deal.

Wait for official news but almost in disbelief. Madness.

Why the downboat Lookers Carl?

With respect Pete, he is more than entitled to tell this club to shove it where the sun don't shine without somebody implying that he is not a supporter, or less of a supporter, for doing so. And if it is Johnson, he probably wont be the only one who tells the club to stick it either.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I thought SC said he would listen to the fans......and what does our fans representative on the board make of it?

Nothing against lee Johnson personally ( I basically know jack :censored: about him ) but he'd be on a hiding to nothing, a couple of poor results next week and it could all turn very sour.

If it is Johnson, so be it, lets not get on the CI thing and immediately run him down. We are in the :censored:, new ideas might be what we need, if he has learnt off his dad all the better because Gary Johnson is a good manager in my book. He might be a Pep Guardiola ( I know a bit fanciful) but come on it has got to better than Mr permatan.

I'm not coming on to gloat because I'm as pig sick as everybody but I told you it wasn't Dowie. As said, my posts weren't "I know more than you" but my responsibility to tell you fellow fans of my concerns over not just the recruitment but underlying concerns over why we won't be getting a manager similar to Dowie.

Ticks the boxes though - out of work and happy to sign up for this season only. Does well then in the hot seat for next season, does :censored: then back in the dole queue.

If miraculously he gets longer than this season tomorrow as a contract then serious questions need to be asked about Corney's ambition and our financial situation. He's obviously gone for the cheap option and thinking short-term ready for his exit from the running of the club ON the pitch.

Surely a player coach role with Brown/Horton as a management team is what's on the cards? Johnson has decent enough footballing credentials for league 1 and we need a stronger midfield. Seems very plausible to me and certainly not disastrous. Corney does not want to see us delegated.

I hope its Johnson rather than Brown for the long term. Think Johnson could do something special with an experienced head beside him eg Lennie Lawrence.

Not being funny, just inquisitive, but why do you think he could do something special? Do you have knowledge of him or something? ..genuine question.

Dirt cheap appointment, allowing corney to spend as little as possible before he pisses off into the sunset at the end of the season.

Seriously 70+ applicants and somebody who's 31 and never managed is the best candidate? :censored: off!

I've backed corney all the way but IF this is true he can sling it.