Lee Johnson in frame for Manager's job

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which him come in, see us to six wins on the bounce and he leaves to manage QPR for the start of next season!

Seriously though, if any appointment absolutely stamps Corney's future intentions for the club then this is it. Perhaps Johnson knows non- league quite well?

15 month deal? So why was Dowie only offered a deal to the end of the season?

**WARNING - MADE UP FIGURES**

Dowie, I'd guess, would command £150k a year salary. So to fire him off in May will cost £150k.

Johnson? I'm guessing £60k.

Much cheaper for new owners to get rid of.

Much nicer for Corney to reduce his sale price by £60k than £150k.

to be fair it's not him that is being hung out to dry, it is those that have seemingly appointed him.

I see that, I tried to caveat it, with it's a atrange one, but if we stay up, he'll be great, if not its another mistake, depending on how we go about it.

Worse thing the crowd can do is make it an even worse atmos as that wont help the cause this season

I see that, I tried to caveat it, with it's a atrange one, but if we stay up, he'll be great, if not its another mistake, depending on how we go about it.

Worse thing the crowd can do is make it an even worse atmos as that wont help the cause this season

sorry should be "it's a strange one"

fans saying they'll stop supporting the club because we're appointing a new manager?? yesterday fans got on their back from the first minute! does anyone want this club to stay up? If it is Johnson, give the fella a chance, he might be everything Dowie is but without experience!

Lets see what tomorrow brings, but - and i'm trying to be nice here, if it is Lee Johnson; well - it's hardly the inspiring appointment that would have me clinging to the hope that we might be able to stay up.

Watching & waiting and TBH hoping this isnt true....

I am almost lost for words (not literally as I wouldn't be a able to type this message)!!

What can SC honestly say that is going to get the fans buy in to this appointment (assuming that it is LJ)??

What is LJ going to be like at the press conference?

How are the players going to re-act? Although they can't be any worse than they currently are.....

How many fans will we lose at the gate as a result of this appointment?

Will we pick up any points at all with a manager with absolutely no experience in football management and, I would imagine zero contacts?

What the hell is happening?? I feel as low as I did when Moore was trying to liquidate us!!

I know most of you won't agree with this but I'm starting to agree with Derek's opinion of the board and there win-win scenario of owning a football club. Either be a success or lose a but if cash trying but have a back up plan of selling off the land if it goes tits up!

Whilst I don't understand the appointment, yet again there has been a bit of an over reaction to this. People are clamouring for an experienced manager, but Moore, Talbot and Penney were all experienced and, on the whole, a steaming pile of :censored:e. We will stay up regardless and hopefully he can build something for us next year.

Whilst I don't understand the appointment, yet again there has been a bit of an over reaction to this. People are clamouring for an experienced manager, but Moore, Talbot and Penney were all experienced and, on the whole, a steaming pile of :censored:e. We will stay up regardless and hopefully he can build something for us next year.

There is no over reaction here pad. It would count as the most random appointment of all time.