Lee Johnson in frame for Manager's job

Hearing Johnson will be unveiled tomorrow, 15 month deal….

if thats whats happening then the big question now is who is his assistant, if its >insert name of former Yeovil or Bristol City player< his mate who was also released and could get a club at age 30 to 34 we are well and truely :censored:ed!

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not coming on to gloat because I'm as pig sick as everybody but I told you it wasn't Dowie. As said, my posts weren't "I know more than you" but my responsibility to tell you fellow fans of my concerns over not just the recruitment but underlying concerns over why we won't be getting a manager similar to Dowie.

Well done you eh. You've probably been checking the Dowie thread as closely as anyone. You didn't think he'd come but obviously conversations have been ongoing and in truth, nobody 'knew'.

This would be a "I'm off regardless at the end of the season "appointment in my opinion. Don't think anyone was going to be here beyond May as Corney won't be. Probably not a lot of established managers who'd take it on that basis. Probably exhausted every avenue and it's clutching at straws time.

How the :censored: has Lee Johnson even got an interview?

What stands out on his CV as apposed to any other of the 70odd who haven't?

It'll be because he's cheap and Corney knows his agent.

You know its bad when you'd be delighted if Phil Brown is appointed manager tomorrow!

#laughingstock

You know its bad when you'd be delighted if Phil Brown is appointed manager tomorrow!

#laughingstock

Absolutely!!!!

100 per cent he got the job, Its a insult to the whole fans and we cant bare to see this happen, the guy got no experience and we are appointment him.

Have we not learn from Paul Dickov.

I am up for some protest on this appointment.

100 per cent he got the job, Its a insult to the whole fans and we cant bare to see this happen, the guy got no experience and we are appointment him.

Stick it to da man RA

Get someone else to write your placards.

You're alright ibby, you've got crystal palace, Middlesbrough or blackpool (amongst others) to go to, think of us poor souls who've only got this :censored: to put up with

#laughingstock

And yet some of us would be genuinely delighted if it is Lee Johnson. I prefer an untried manager over the same old has beens and never will be's who ship their cv into every vacant managers post. If it fails I will prepare to be slaughtered on here, but try something new is fine by me.

And yet some of us would be genuinely delighted if it is Lee Johnson. I prefer an untried manager over the same old has beens and never will be's who ship their cv into every vacant managers post. If it fails I will prepare to be slaughtered on here, but try something new is fine by me.

New season - yes.

Mid-table when your manager has been headhunted to the league above - yes.

When your bottom four and in a hole? No.

O4U put it better than I did! Exactly what he said!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Admittedly its a strange one, but can't hang the guy out to dry before he even steps foot in the place. Worse case he'll have fresh ideas and can play in centre mid.

to be fair it's not him that is being hung out to dry, it is those that have seemingly appointed him.

New season - yes.

Mid-table when your manager has been headhunted to the league above - yes.

When your bottom four and in a hole? No.

I honestly don't think a Brown or Dowie or Horton or whoever could do much more than a rookie in the time we have.