Robbie Simpson will always be in my heart

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to Simon Corney in the club shop earlier, little chance of Smith staying and from Croft's interviews last night I'd be very surprised to see him stay.

Reckon Simpson will go to Tranmere, they like the pick of our :censored:....

Were you falling over yourself to meet him??.. :titanic:

Only just seen the retained list tbh - shocked at Boozy but spoke to him last night and hr did sound and look a little subdued. Byrne told me he's staying before he got completely wankered! Nice guy! Jose was the star of the show - seemed a good tight unit too but definitely agree with those released and I'd be surprised if most of those offered deals didn't walk too...

Apparently Byrne was last man standing too. Must be something about the Irish.

Interesting to see if Simpson does tweet about it, hope we don't see anything along the lines of us not being able to afford to keep him...

Spoke to Simmo last night asking if he was staying, said probably not and that the contract offered was not enough. Went on to say that the last contract was half of the previous one he had and wasn't prepared to drop again.

Apparently Byrne was last man standing too. Must be something about the Irish.

We beat him by 10 mins. ha ha. Byrne and Baxter's mum and Dad last ones after us. Baxter's mum is mental!! in a nice way.

Spoke to Simmo last night asking if he was staying, said probably not and that the contract offered was not enough. Went on to say that the last contract was half of the previous one he had and wasn't prepared to drop again.

Cheers Lags, i feared as much!

My take it that he is a good player at this level and has constantly been played out of position. This isn't even up for debate it's a fact. but I do think he is probably on a good wage so that money could go on two players.

What's his correct position?

LJ upset he's losing him.

Yes, I think LJ is a big fan.

I'm a bit meh but I do like Robbie Simpson myself. I think he's been playing through injuries and he's been a bit unlucky in that department. But, and even though he goes slightly over the top sometimes, I do like a player that isn't afraid of getting stuck in. I've never felt he's a loose cannon who's always walking a disciplinary tightrope. Simpson in a team that's full of confidence is a huge bonus but Simpson in a team devoid of confidence and in a battle against the drop makes him an easy target for boo-boys when it's not going right.

When he first arrived he was like a breath of fresh air. Always took dead balls and created loads of goals with looping, dangerous crosses. For some reason, managers thought it best he be in the box and we've never looked anywhere near as dangerous since.

Ah well, good luck Robbie.

A good player at this level at times, but I think he would probably admit that he has not been consistent enough over the last season to warrant the kind of wage he was on. Think that he could have been a good player to have around next season - think he plays well in a confident team - but not at the money he is apparently asking for.

Am sure that he will get a club. Come back, get a mixture of claps and boos, and then score the winner in a 1-0 home defeat.

The guy did manage to produce a fair few good memories during his time here, so he'll get my best wishes for wherever he goes to.

But after being very happy that he signed last summer he has possibly been the biggest disappointment of this season, he started the season in his natural position without playing well at all which considering he was playing in a very important attacking position for us was very damaging for the team. It was the right move to get a replacement in soon (even better that it was Baxter) because we would've been beyond hope of survival relying on Robbie all season.

One thing I remembered about him early on when he played on the right or left was despite not being the most natural player on the flanks he always put a shift in, even that seemed to be lacking this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well at another cub at this level but he's not worth fitting in the budget.

I'd not boo him as he's given us some good moments. But for me while Baxter was here the writing was always going to be on the wall. They both play best in the same position (deep-lying second striker or attacking midfielder).

Edited by Crusoe

If his replacement has a comparable pedigree then fine.

If his replacement is Kirk Millar then it's time to start worrying.

The same Millar who's outshone anything Simpsons done these last 2 months??

I get what you're getting at with that post - but more than a tad unfair considering the respective recent form and output from the 2 of them no?

The club have come out and said Simpson wasn't offered a new deal. Simpson acting like he was holding out for a big deal, this was never going to happen he has been very poor for the wages he is reportedly on. He wasn't offered as we have all seen his poor performances this season. 13 goals in 80 appearances is shocking.

If his replacement has a comparable pedigree then fine.

If his replacement is Kirk Millar then it's time to start worrying.

While I'm a long way from seeing Kirk as a first choice striker the lad has progressed, looked sharp and looked keen.

He stuck the ball on Matt Smith's head at Bury and was in the right place at the right time at Orient - a game when on more than one occasion we had two or three players queuing up fifteen yards from goal.

I like the good Robbie Simpson as a footballer, but the one who's turned out this season hasn't delivered when the nitty gritty chips of League One are down.

£300 to £500 a week for Millar plus £1,000 a week for a new established striker - or £2,000 to £3,000 a week for Simpson? It's an easy decision for Johnson.