Anyone purchasing the new Home Kit?

Not purchased a latics top in many years, so Ive decided to pre order this one? Anyone getting it, whether its with the season ticket discount or just normal purchase. if so where are you getting it from? Ive ordered it from JD online, mainly because of the free delivery and the fact I am most certainly not paying £7.50 for standard delivery with the latics shop.

Having not been impressed by our home shirts for a season or three, I've not bought one for a while so I fully expected to be buying this one. It looks absolute rubbish; bog standard Dog & Duck in the local Sunday league design.

I can just imagine wearing the thing and being asked if I supported Leicester/Chesterfield/Everton/PompeyBirmingham/Ipswich. It could be anyone. That's how ordinary it is.

So I'll probably give this one a miss as well and see if a new away shirt crops up as appears possible.

I would never wear a football shirt outside my own home, I've got a few ones I was going to get signed and framed but I couldn't be arsed in the end. Am I going to pay actual money for the new shirt? Never. It's hideous, just like our badge. Funnily enough, they had these round wooden plates in the Latics shop you could get the badge carved on and it looked awful but if you stuck one of our old ones, maybe our 70s badge it'd look superb. Such a shame.

Grown men in football shirts should be made illegal

I wear my Latics shirt with pride not as a fashion icon, after we beat Liverpool having the shirt on or my Hat people stopping me in the street praising us or when i was at the Euro championships last year and the previous World cup people wanting to know who my club was etc.

Wearing a footie shirt as a fashion top is more a Manchester United, City, Liverpool fans thing not the die hards but the bandwagon jumpers or ones who feel the need to prove there a fan.

Edited by oafctom

I wear my Latics shirt with pride not as a fashion icon, after we beat Liverpool having the shirt on or my Hat people stopping me in the street praising us or when i was at the Euro championships last year and the previous World cup people wanting to know who my club was etc.

Wearing a footie shirt as a fashion top is more a Manchester United, City, Liverpool fans thing not the die hards but the bandwagon jumpers or ones who feel the need to prove there a fan.

100% agree

Maybe if a shirt worn was identifiable with the club people would know who the club was.

I still say it looks like a job lot from Del Boy Trotter, and will be abandoned by the club as soon as possible .

Edited by BP1960

Maybe if a shirt worn was identifiable with the club people would know who the club was.

I still say it looks like a job lot from Del Boy Trotter, and will be abandoned by the club as soon as possible .

Maybe So my point is about Oldham shirts in general and not just this individual kit.

I don't see anything wrong with wearing your club's replica shirt. It's a t- shirt. It represents your pride in your team. When did showing your allegiance become taboo? People take themselves too seriously.