Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consistency in three Chrons or correction in one.

Correct what though? He was born in what is now usually referred to as Palestine but was then ruled by the kingdom of Jordan. He very likely is or was a Jordanian citizen. I've known people from that background who would describe themselves either way depending on the situation.

been thinking about the stadium conundrum up to now the TTA have been looking to build a new stadium on a budget which constrains the plot of land they can use hence failsworth and ferney field being considered . now mr coucash has considerable wealth to throw at the construction of a stadium and may be willing to spend a bit more to buy an already occupied site demolish whats there and in combination with open land adjacent build a new stadium there wich may just open up options for locating the stadium ?

thoughts

Once upon a time:

http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/oldham-gives-go-ahead-for-stadium/948366.article

Oldham gives go-ahead for stadium

6 June, 1996

"A 15 MILLION plan to build a new municipal sports stadium in Oldham is gathering momentum.

After considering the proposal since last year, the council has finally submitted a planning application.

Arguments raged over the grounds capacity, but the council eventually settled on a 15,000-seater ground at a 7 ha site in Chadderton.

The Stadium Business Park will also include a restaurant, leisure centre, 8,000 sq m of offices and a small hotel.

The Westwood athletics track must be relocated before work starts on the stadium and the council has submitted another application for a new track, also in Chadderton.

Oldham Bears rugby league team will play at the new stadium, but the towns football club has not yet agreed to join the scheme.

If Oldham Athletic stays at Boundary Park, the ground's capacity will drop to 10,000 and the cost to 7.5 million."

We've been discussing a new stadium (on and off) for at least 18 years!

:detectivegm0:

Edited by Mark59

In years to come they will tell great tales of the man who discovered a 30 acre site to build a sports stadium with an Oldham postcode and additional recreational facilities. Who can then fight off the nimbys who aim to protect the lesbian tadpoles of south East Lancashire before conquering the ultimate beast and obtain planning permission from Oldham council

His name will go down in history as the great saviour of our town and every child born on that day will be named after him.

We just need some good luck, which is why so many are drawling over all these rumours.

One multi-millionaire almost killed this club whereas another two came along and bailed us out. Unsure whether the incumbent is a millionaire but Koucash is apparently a multi-millionaire with 'connections' to facilitate a project to deliver us Championship football.

It's about time our fortunes were reversed and we got promoted from this damned division!

We live in hope...

Can somebody tell me what Ive missed here?

Latics, in view of speculation, came out and said 'make a bid'

koukash said 'nah, its too expensive'

Then loads of people went into overdrive about where to build the new stadium.

What did I miss after koukash said 'nah, its too expensive'

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Can somebody tell me what Ive missed here?

Latics, in view of speculation, came out and said 'make a bid'

koukash said 'nah, its too expensive'

Then loads of people went into overdrive about where to build the new stadium.

What did I miss after koukash said 'nah, its too expensive'

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

'Nah it's too expensive' is just another step in the process of negotiation. I certainly wouldn't assume it means the deal is dead.

My first ever post on here, so don't be too harsh with me please. :) Just an opinion on the Koukash situation. As much as i'd love him to come in and spend some money on latics, I just can't see it happening. I could be wrong, but I think it's a publicity stunt on his part. As much as I hate to admit it, theres no real potential to make the club that much bigger. Even if we were doing well in the Championship, I doubt that we'd average 10,000 every home game. Everyone in Oldham these days supports City or United. Very sad. They should support their local club. Koukash surely must realise this as well.

My first ever post on here, so don't be too harsh with me please. :) Just an opinion on the Koukash situation. As much as i'd love him to come in and spend some money on latics, I just can't see it happening. I could be wrong, but I think it's a publicity stunt on his part. As much as I hate to admit it, theres no real potential to make the club that much bigger. Even if we were doing well in the Championship, I doubt that we'd average 10,000 every home game. Everyone in Oldham these days supports City or United. Very sad. They should support their local club. Koukash surely must realise this as well.

Personally, as i'm sat here avoiding work , i think old Kooky has a not very hidden aganda. Buy a club on the cheap, pump a bit of dosh in, and then start to get involved in Football League politics. Who knows, it might lead to things like influencing future television deals. Of course, a nice new stadium cobbled on the back of a regeneration project to cut down his own costs, would also give him some asset that might allow him to claw something back should it all prove pointless.

Wild speculation, but it beats work.

Personally, as i'm sat here avoiding work , i think old Kooky has a not very hidden aganda. Buy a club on the cheap, pump a bit of dosh in, and then start to get involved in Football League politics. Who knows, it might lead to things like influencing future television deals. Of course, a nice new stadium cobbled on the back of a regeneration project to cut down his own costs, would also give him some asset that might allow him to claw something back should it all prove pointless.

Wild speculation, but it beats work.

Yes, I agree. I think he's got other motives as well. Surely Koukash can afford the £1m asking price that Corney's looking for.

Yes, I agree. I think he's got other motives as well. Surely Koukash can afford the £1m asking price that Corney's looking for.

SC wants one million for OAFC (2004) Ltd. ? no land no nothing.....just the club!! or club and loans wiped out?

SC wants one million for OAFC (2004) Ltd. ? no land no nothing.....just the club!! or club and loans wiped out?

About 12 months ago, Corney offered the club lock, stock and barrel to the agent of one of our players for £1m. The agent thought that he was grossly overvaluing the football club, so turned him down. I won't be naming the player but it's true.

Guest Scratch2000uk

About 12 months ago, Corney offered the club lock, stock and barrel to the agent of one of our players for £1m. The agent thought that he was grossly overvaluing the football club, so turned him down. I won't be naming the player but it's true.

He was, the club's worth zero.

All this I hear that Corney will only sell to someone who's got the best interests of the club at heart, is a load of rubbish. He'll sell to anybody who can put an acceceptable bid forward. He's desperately trying his best to offload the club.

Then we would of been sold to the Vaughans by now surely?

All this I hear that Corney will only sell to someone who's got the best interests of the club at heart, is a load of rubbish. He'll sell to anybody who can put an acceceptable bid forward. He's desperately trying his best to offload the club.

y

Mrs Synic, Pseudinym, and now OldhamFanatic1.

Are we giving off some scent that attracts fishermen (or fisher women)?