Curzon Ashton Friendly

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent work out. Some players don't seem too fit considering they've been at a boot camp for a week.

Defense - Oxley had nothing to do, Tarkowski looked solid and Grounds was as composed as ever. Still need another centre half as Byrne looked off the pace.

Midfield - generally quite weak. Smith and Weslowski never settled, Baxter wasn't really in the game (and looks a little bit on the chunky side) and Dayton started lively but was blowing after half an hour. Sidney was lively 1st half and scored a simple tap in following a Tarkowski run from within his own half.

Up top - MacDonald was quiet, Rooney looked a handful.

Decent first half. Bit poor in the 2nd.

Tarky played well. Still looks prone to that odd little error though.

Brown impressed me. Good to see him looking confident on the ball and worked well on the right flank with our Sid.

Sid looked very good. Always looking to take a man on but also aware not to over do it and give it if the option is there.

Smith was very vocal after being handed the captaincy.

Dayton has a decent right peg as well as left.

Baxter poor IMO. Hopefully just a one off. Looked a little disinterested.

Trialists looked a little bit nervous and a little too eager to impress. Pony Tail should have scored a 1on1 and also nearly sent the crossbar into Daisy Nook with a thunderbolt. The other trialist put himself about but they both seemed to lack awareness and make the wrong decision or make the right one only a little too late.

Overall, good little run out.

Brown, man of match for me

Didn't think Brown was great - refused to look up, hence kept running into blind alleys and having to pass it back.

Sidney needs to work on his crossing, couldn't seem to get it above knee height.

Dayton looked handy - didn't look very fit, and seemed very quiet.

Two trialists looked ok, nothing special. Would give them another go against Macc.

Feck me. How much weight has Baxter put on?

He needs to get his head down and lose some of that unwanted timber.

Pony tailed trialist looked like Bilal Moshni (Southend player who got sent off against us in FA Cup), although I dont think it was him. Looked tidy.

Other trialist was no better than Sunday league level.

These games are purely for fitness, but quite enjoyed it.

Pony tailed trialist looked like Bilal Moshni (Southend player who got sent off against us in FA Cup), although I dont think it was him. Looked tidy.

Moshni is in talks with Rangers so no danger of it being him

Should we be worried about baxters weight gain? Does that suggest a change in his attitude?

Me and my mate questioned that?

He's a thick set lad isn't he? Gazza (and several other decent players) used to carry too much and you wonder if he has either let it go for a few weeks or even bulked up in the gym. I'm sure it isn't a problem for a young lad willing to train hard. When I was his age, I could lose best part of a stone in a couple of weeks (wish I could now).

Definitely not Moshni. Too small.

Sid and Brown combined very well.

Charlie Mc puts himself about but can't see him scoring many goals.

Smith does a great job sitting in front of back 4.

Baxter was poor and thinks he has more time on the ball...always looking for the Hollywood pass.

Grounds was solid. Should have scored 2

CB's didn't have much to deal with but I can see them getting caught for pace.

Keeper had nothing to do.

I'd like to see Ponytail again. Should have scored.

I know you're not saying it's definitely Mohsni, but in any case he's trialling for Rangers (that third division Scottish club).

I know you're not saying it's definitely Mohsni, but in any case he's trialling for Rangers (that third division Scottish club).

They are in the second division now. Just saying. Take your point, but they are basically buying a season ahead at least to take the league by storm