rotherham away

I move to Sheffield the weekend after the Rotherham game for uni, and we play Sheffield United away on Boxing Day when ill be home... Safe to say I'm not happy with the fixture computer!

That was like me a couple of seasons ago, Chesterfield away on New Year and Sheff Weds away over the Easter break. Thankfully we had Sheff Utd and Chesterfield in the JPT when I was around

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I may have been a little rash saying "nowhere near", but I'd suggest it depends on our form. We lose a couple more matches between now and then and the following will trail off. Remember Stevenage was the first game, which invariably brings a larger following having all forgotten the pain of supporting Latics over the summer months.

I would hope that if we do sell that thousand Rotherham have contingency to sell more. You would assume so in such a big ground.

True, we've not taken any more than 1000, the last two times we've played Sheff Utd

True, we've not taken any more than 1000, the last two times we've played Sheff Utd

If we win the next two home games in style, I reckon 2000+ wouldn't be out of the question at Rotherham. Could be a problem because the away stand only holds 2000. I'll be their.

Didn't Latics say they've changed the neutral area to being on the Home side of RRE and that some home fans will have to move.

If that's the case 1600 for Vale should be enough.

Probably. But they have had a decent away following. Took a lot more to Dale, albeit for a crunch match.

Am surprised we haven't given them the big section for tomorrow - arn't they quite a feisty bunch too?

Could also work in their favour - will be a decent atmosphere (from their point of view) if they pack the small section. The drummer will have his work cut out to compete...

Edited by JoeP

Been a few years since we played them like, but I can't ever remember them bringing a traveling army have they had a massive resurgence in support?

I think they're promotion campaign added to it.

Their forum suggests that they've sold 500ish and expect to match that with pay on the day.

Day return from Piccadilly via Meadowhall is £18.30.

Coming up as £17.10 from Stalybridge, even though you have to change in Manchester. Or £18.40 from Rochdale, changing in Manchester and getting across the city.

WebShop link:

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/goto.php?rb=3-3892

Edited by opinions4u

Cheapest return train I've found so far is £19.80, which is stalybridge to Piccadilly to Sheffield to Rotherham.

Anyone found cheaper?

Cheapest should off peak day return I believe and don't need to book in advance.

Though the web shop would benefit.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

£17.10 off peak return indeed. Leaves Stalybridge at 0946 and gets into Rotherham for 1126.

Bargain. Roll on the booze.

Just a heads up to those who will be making this an all day bender, it's Mayweather v Alvarez that night/morning (I do appreciate, however, that this would be some insane beer session bearing in mind the fight should start around 4am!