rotherham away

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh. Rotherham. Does anyone else instantly think of Roger Wylde? That was the best football i'd ever seen from Oldham in an away game up to that point.

Absolutely, almost as good as Rogers performance at Wrexham, possibly same year. Not been on for a while, great to see optimism back and an Oldham team play with a passion and commitment that was once commonplace. Currently don't care about results, its so refreshing to enjoy football again.

I think about 1200 will go. It's not that far, first local away game on a saturday of the season and its a new ground for us.

1500+ away crowds are made up of people who only do the odd away day. I know of a few of those and none are going to this. (obviously that isnt an exact science & someone else will know a few people who are going who dont normally travel)

The only reason for the lock out though was Bury FC having inept management and poor policing. The ground was half empty.

Rotherham is a brand new staduim with more turnstiles, more staff, bigger capacity, if people turn up late they may miss a few moments but all those saying it be another Bury i highly doubt it.

Got my tickets about 4ish today and the young man said we weren't far of 1,000 been sold.

Ooo it's going to be a tight squeeze, best get gargling now with beer to warm up the old voice for tomoz.....come on.....any latics stuck for a pub a good few us are meeting in wetherpsoons picadilly anytime from 9am onwards then on the train at 10.45am.

Bloody hope we win.....come on.....

Ahhh. Rotherham. Does anyone else instantly think of Roger Wylde? That was the best football i'd ever seen from Oldham in an away game up to that point.

Yes I do. early 80's (1981 ?), was at games at Rotherham & Wrexham, didn't Rodger score a hat-trick at Wrexham and 2 at Rotherham, or was it other way round ? Just remember it was great football at the time but typical Latics did we not fall away towards end of season for a mid table finish ?

For some reason, the link doesn't show anything for me.

Can you explain?

There's a problem with the 11:20, I think it might be OK to Sheffield but not to Meadowhall. If you search on that site for train journeys from Manchester to Rotherham it says it's cancelled but Manchester to Sheffield is OK.