• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tarky looks class.

rooney smeltz and montano on the other hand,,,,,,

Not quite sure what Sid did wrong. He ripped them a new arsehole in the first half.

If we can keep the odd clean sheet here or there we'll be top 10 easily.

Tarkowski absolutely outstanding though I agree.

Really disappointed with Rooney from the two games i've seen this season, Montano showing non of the preseason form. I know thers no point thinking about it too much, but we would have won that pretty easily with Baxter, we have very little in the middle.

Tarky always preforms on the tv,

Can't see how the defence can be questioned. Outstanding performance from the back 4. Tarky was turned once but apart from that looked the complete central defender.

Not sure how that performance compares to his season so far but really can't see how we can hold onto him in January if he keeps going like that.

Shame we didn't manage to keep Smith, he'd had bagged a fair few already if he had stayed...

definitely with today's service

I thought we were unlucky with their goals, was always going to make it difficult to break down a solid team like Preston away from home. First time i've seen us this season and very positive despite the result.

Last time I saw Tarky was a couple of years ago and I thought he would struggle in league one. Wow, well and truly proved wrong and I can see why everyone's been signing his praises so far this season. Composed, times his tackles excellently, strong in the air, very solid.

As a team, thought we played very well. Two needless fouls given away cost us, I think the front 4 needs more time to gel as, at times, its a bit too similar for me with the way we just float a ball in. Yes, you'll get chances and goals if you throw enough in there but I reckon if we can vary the delivery a bit, more intelligent runs from the forwards, we'll start to smash teams.

Its coming, just not quite there yet!

The more I see the replay the more unlucky Wes was with the pen. Davies was on his arse as soon as he heard footsteps and the linesman bought it.

Thought we were fantastic tonight and as soon as some decisions start going our way we will be raking in the points.

Disappointed with Rooney again tonight, didn't win a single header! Schmeltz was ok in patches but needs to improve his delivery.

We were brilliant in every area tonight, just like on Saturday, except for the area were it matters. If we can get that right, there's no reason we can't challenge at the top end. Mills deliveries were poor, we must have somebody who can deliver better free kicks/corners?

Defending was brilliant, back 4 fantastic, it's just a shame their hard work was ruined by two poor challenges, Preston never troubled us in the slightest tonight so it's a shame!

As for Tarky, majestic, again!

We were excellent throughout, faded a little in the final quarter but finished strong.

Outstanding mentions to all the travelling supporters. I didn't hear a single Preston chant at any point during that game on Sky.

Oh, and Tarky. Oh my days, the pace he was carrying when he landed from THAT header, I squealed. The back 4 were all great for me tonight, I wish we could keep Mills.

Schmeltz [...] needs to improve his delivery.

Mills deliveries were poor, we must have somebody who can deliver better free kicks/corners?

Is this a joke? nearly every ball I initially thought had been overhit.. only for them to turn into perfectly weighted crosses just BEGGING to be battered into the net. Mills cross-cum-curled top corner shot had me screaming at the telly..

Thought Montano brought little when he came on, would've preferred Sidney staying on. And I really like Montano.

Not much more we could have done to win that game, we were just unlucky. Maybe LJ should have bought Philliskirk off instead of Rooney, because Rooney was creating more problems than Philliskirk, but other than that Preston won't get a luckier 3 points all season.

I've only seen this game on telly and the Derby game at BP this season, and both times we've matched more physical and experienced teams. Once the team is settled and the moves start to click, we'll turn the unlucky defeats into wins.