Real 6 pointer on Sunday v Bradford

We are 14th. if (big if) we beat Bradford then we will be 4 points behind them, with a game in hand.

As a note of caution.

We are 5 points of relegation.

We have lost away to all the teams we have played currently above us ( I know we are at home). 5 games in total

Positively

We have only lost at home to 1 team above us (the aberration of Walsall) 4 teams played.

We are on an excellent run

More positives...

An attack minded team and manager

A squad with real options on the bench

A squad that is ours, for 2 years, with few loanees so something to build on

An owner who has been true to his word and runs the club sensibly

A new stand on the way

LJ LJ LJ LJ LJ LJ LJ

Did I mention LJ ?

In all fairness I think a huge improvement is needed on last night if we're to get anything on Sunday. As good as it was to grind out a win last night, Shrewsbury had their fare share of chances to put the game to bed at 1-0. Bradford will punish us

But we should have punished teams when we were battering them, it just doesn't happen sometimes. We are on a roll at the moment we seem to be picking up wins without performing well, another 3 points on Sunday will do nicely thank you.

But we should have punished teams when we were battering them, it just doesn't happen sometimes. We are on a roll at the moment we seem to be picking up wins without performing well, another 3 points on Sunday will do nicely thank you.

I don't want to come across as negative, I'm delighted we've ground out, not given up and managed to turn a game on it's head. But my hope for Sunday is that we don't overlook some of the problems that arose last night, just because we won. For all we know it might have been us giving Bradford scouts a false sense of security

I don't want to come across as negative, I'm delighted we've ground out, not given up and managed to turn a game on it's head. But my hope for Sunday is that we don't overlook some of the problems that arose last night, just because we won. For all we know it might have been us giving Bradford scouts a false sense of security

After the Wolves win I put on here that they were a weakened side and we shouldn't get carried away, a few people pointed out that we too were weakened and you can only beat what is in front of you, which is correct. I was getting a bit kiddy after the win on Tuesday but have since come down from cloud 9, Gillingham and Shrewsbury won't be there or there abouts at the end of the season and whilst it is brilliant that we stuck to the task, shook off a poor first half hour and came home with the three points it doesn't mean we will roll teams over between now and the end of the season.

Having said that, football is a funny old game, we've had to shuffle the pack, players have knocks, travelling on a coach down to Gills then to Shrewsbury doesn't do players good, they are young lads (mostly) and form can fluctuate.

It is LJ's job to keep the players fresh and their minds on the task, he has already shown he is a bit of tinker man and I've been baffled by some of the changes to line-ups but in LJ we trust, he sees the players in training and knows when they are in and out of form or if their mind isn't on the task. Hopefully he is spending time in training before Sunday's match drilling into the players that 2 away wins mean nowt if they don't follow it up with home wins.

I just hope we can get ourselves into a good position by Christmas so that the second half of the season isn't a write off. I don't think we will be challenging this year, it would do us good to be in a position where the play-offs are just out of reach so that there is something to constantly strive for to keep the players on their toes and then start next season right out of the traps.

The cliché about taking each game as it comes with the context (the league table) being irrelevant really does work in my opinion.

If you accept games as part of the whole season it makes you believe you will lose and draw sometimes. If you think of each game as 90 minutes of unconnected action to the rest then you have no doubt that every match is winnable. Instill this mentality into your players and you're onto a winner.

Therefore, I'd be worried if any of our team thought of a game as a 6-pointer, especially one so early into the season with us in a mid-table spot.

Their two central midfielders are Jones and Kennedy who used to be at Rochdale. I'd be disappointed if we couldn't give them the run around in there.

Their wingers don't offer much protection so there's definitely goals to be had for us.

When we played them in the JPT, Hanson won everything in the air, even against JYM. As long as we win the second ball after he knocks it down we'll be fine.

Bratford play hoofball, pure and simple, its a matter of standing firm, winning the battle, finding a teammate who then passes to a forward, simples!

Kick it high to Hansen for a flick on to wells,thats it....