Tarkowski

Really? For a middling player at a struggling championship club with six months left on his contract?

Middling?

I thought he was a touch of class when he was here - he's been at Saints & Charlton since us and has improved. Villa couldn't agree a fee with Charlton; not to do with them deciding against it.

If Delph & Westwood from Villa, and the likes of Howson & Johnson at Norwich are getting games and doing relatively well as Premiership midfielders - Dale Stephens will have no such worries.

Would be a very nice addition to Stokes side if true IMO...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middling?

I thought he was a touch of class when he was here - he's been at Saints & Charlton since us and has improved. Villa couldn't agree a fee with Charlton; not to do with them deciding against it.

If Delph & Westwood from Villa, and the likes of Howson & Johnson at Norwich are getting games and doing relatively well as Premiership midfielders - Dale Stephens will have no such worries.

Would be a very nice addition to Stokes side if true IMO...

Massively underrated player, to think, we had a reserve side consisting of Stephens, O Grady and Lee.

Tarky deserves a far better chance than a Huddersfield or Stoke. If he went to either I could envisage a future transfer fee treble or more.

Proved on Sunday he could hack it.....with a bigger club than these two. As for playing for Hughes or Bobbins no thanks.

Needs to go where he will get games and the exposure needed to kick on.

How can people say he deserves a better club than Stoke??? Are you kidding??

They are an established premiership club for a player that has only just become an established league 1 defender. Last season some fans were calling for him to get released.

Why does anyone think he is worth £1m?? I dont think it helps that our own manager is talking up his mistakes when your trying to get top dollar!!!

£500k upwards is massive! add a good sell on clause and im happy.

500k is an insult

on what basis??? People need to wake up, the Liverpool Rumour was bull:censored:. If a prem club came in your looking at £750k and if a championship club £500k plus. He is a defender, he hasnt scored 20 goals my xmas and or have 20 assits. People need to get real he is playing for a small club in League 1.

You have to put into consideration the financial position of our club which every other club will know. £500k is huge for us and everyone knows it.

If Tarky had left in the summer at the end of his contract, we offered him a deal so if he went elsewhere it would have gone to the tribunal, what would we have got for a 22 year old with 62 appearances??? £100k max

Everyone needs to be realistic!

How can people say he deserves a better club than Stoke??? Are you kidding??

They are an established premiership club for a player that has only just become an established league 1 defender. Last season some fans were calling for him to get released.

Why does anyone think he is worth £1m?? I dont think it helps that our own manager is talking up his mistakes when your trying to get top dollar!!!

£500k upwards is massive! add a good sell on clause and im happy.

Funnily enough, I don't think Johnson is that arsed about the money, think he's more arsed about keeping his player.

on what basis??? People need to wake up, the Liverpool Rumour was bull:censored:. If a prem club came in your looking at £750k and if a championship club £500k plus. He is a defender, he hasnt scored 20 goals my xmas and or have 20 assits. People need to get real he is playing for a small club in League 1.

You have to put into consideration the financial position of our club which every other club will know. £500k is huge for us and everyone knows it.

If Tarky had left in the summer at the end of his contract, we offered him a deal so if he went elsewhere it would have gone to the tribunal, what would we have got for a 22 year old with 62 appearances??? £100k max

his contract is not up in the summer, get your facts right ffs,

Between 500-700k plus sell on % (+ Petrasso for the rest of the season) = I'd be sad to see him go, but would get over it.

--Brown--Kusunga--Grounds--Mellor-- is still one hell of a back four IMO.

If the Tarky money went towards Mills back for the rest of the season or permanently = even better.

He is only just 21 years old FYI....

He is worth what the bidding club are willing to pay.

Although if trotman went for half a million the club should atleast not entertain anything less than that. If that means we keep him great if that means he goes and we have a decent fee and sell on great.

Win/win

Edited by away dayz

--Brown--Kusunga--Grounds--Mellor-- is still one hell of a back four IMO.

I wouldn't say 'hell of a'. I'd say adequate. Plus, you don't have any cover.

I'd be confident starting with that back four. As solid as you'll get in a Tarky-less world in the centre, Mellor is continually proving himself and Brown has looked sharp as 'owt every time I've seen him since his return from injury.

Cover? Winchester RB, Lockwood CB & LB and if Mills returned, LB. I'd imagine (/hope) we'd look to sign another RB/CB if Tarky went, too.

I'd be confident starting with that back four. As solid as you'll get in a Tarky-less world in the centre, Mellor is continually proving himself and Brown has looked sharp as 'owt every time I've seen him since his return from injury.

Cover? Winchester RB, Lockwood CB & LB and if Mills returned, LB. I'd imagine (/hope) we'd look to sign another RB/CB if Tarky went, too.

Yeah, Mills at left back and sign another RB/CB then yeah. Oh and you've just changed 50% of the lineup.

That lineup isn't a world beating defence, as you say, it needs adding to.

Not exactly the earth-shattering shakeup you infer.

1 player out, and 1 player (who, lest we forget, was a firm starting fixture earlier in the season) back in the lineup. Mills for Mellor wouldn't be unwelcome if affordable - Mills played with us for three months (not exactly a stranger to the existing squad) and can also provide additional winger cover if Mellor is fit and immovable as the beating left atrium of our defence.

I wouldn't consider that as being under-strength or necessarily weak in the absence of Tarky.

We'd miss him, of that there is no doubt, but we'd be okay

:thinking2:

Saw the Stoke scout again tonight at School. He was quite damning of Tarky : Maybe he isn't good as we all think...

On recent form he looks tired, jaded,and possibly carrying an injury, not surprisingly with the amount of tough games he's had this season.

I have a feeling LJ will rest him as soon as he can.

He's as good as we all think though.

Edited by BP1960