Cliff Byrne to Ross County

Yep - saw that on the OS piece on LJ's press conference.

Said he's training with them only so far though; so it might not be quite the 'done deal' yet.

All power to Cliff though, he clearly just wants to continue playing; wherever that may be. Fair play - honest and hard working pro from the looks of it, but - that said, I do agree with LJ and him not wanting Cliff in the side. His lack of pace is pretty severe; imagine that lad from Coventry; Wilson (?) up against Cliff? It'd be like a foot race between a Grandma and Usain Bolt...

Edited by slystallone

Said he's training with them only so far though; so it might not be quite the 'done deal' yet.

All power to Cliff though, he clearly just wants to continue playing; wherever that may be. Fair play - honest and hard working pro from the looks of it, but - that said, I do agree with LJ and him not wanting Cliff in the side. His lack of pace is pretty severe; imagine that lad from Coventry; Wilson (?) up against Cliff? It'd be like a foot race between a Grandma and Usain Bolt...

He's got the nous to make up for the lack of pace.

I thought it was a mistake letting him go out early this season but, defence has been our strongest area and I assume Scunthorpe have been paying some or all of his wages as will Ross County if it's a loan again.

A shame it hasn't worked out for him here, he would have been a club stalwart in different times under different circumstances.

Age shouldn't really affect his game so someone else should get a good few years out of him.

Was he not one who kept Liverpool strikers quiet at bp including suarez good luck cliff

Echo the sentiments above. In his time here, Cliff's conducted himself with the utmost decorum and professionalism. The period post the sacking of Dickov's backroom staff last December he stepped up to the plate in a coaching capacity, alongside his role as a player, and helped drag the club through what was undoubtedly a tricky spell. Although he was never necessarily the most technically gifted player, he always gave 100%, and I suspect his experience and influence on the younger players will be sorely missed.

All the best, Cliff.