Adam Rooney

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would think Rooney is on a fair wedge and hopefully we can bring somebody in with the wages and he does score.

How can anybody moan about giving our so called top striker away when he just hasn't delivered this season , whatever the excuses are .

Exactly top striker.

Unbelievable.

Strikes me as a massive panic.

We need to free up the wages to bring someone who is:

1. Capable of breaking into a sweat/showing even a little mobility.

2. Capable of holding the ball up.

3. Capable of winning headers

4. Capable of scoring goals.

Any of the above would do.

Rooney didn't work out. Next.

SPL is really crap. As said elsewhere, mighty Aberdeen have now got Zola, Rooney and Vernon. Much as i like Vernon, he was only ever a third division player. The other two are fourth division. i used to think it was a Championship plevel league, but it now sits somewhere between leagues one and two.

Edited by bigfatjoe1

SPL is really crap. As said elsewhere, mighty Aberdeen have now got Zola, Rooney and Vernon. Much as i like Vernon, he was only ever a third division player. The other two are fourth division. i used to think it was a Championship plevel league, but it now sits somewhere between leagues one and two.

This isn't just based on strikers who are too crap to play for us is it? They often seem to go upward after failing with us. Out of interest, when did you last watch a game? I watched Hibs v Kilmarnock over the Christmas period, two mid table sides and the standard was easily as good as League One.

This isn't just based on strikers who are too crap to play for us is it? They often seem to go upward after failing with us. Out of interest, when did you last watch a game? I watched Hibs v Kilmarnock over the Christmas period, two mid table sides and the standard was easily as good as League One.

I watched that game. I still think it's LeagueOne/Two average, apart from Celtic (obviously). It's all a bit slow and predictable. I also watched Aberdeen and Inverness. Same. Dundee united look a bit brighter, but the general standard is not as a good as it used to be in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Edited by bigfatjoe1

Im gonna plump for whoever the new striker is. I cant wait until he signs, scores 1 penalty in 4 games and gets booed out of the club.

You make it sound like he has only had 4 matches to impress.

He scored 4 league goals in 24 appearances and was lucky to get that many.

Edited by lancy lad

You make it sound like he has only had 4 matches to impress.

He scored 4 in 24 and was lucky to get that many.

Points out that Rooney has scored 7 or 8 in 33 appearances (the club say 8, soccerbase says 7), and wonders if the league scoring rate of other players should be questioned too?

FWIW I think there is a good forward in Rooney, and he could well turn out to be a good "buy" for Aberdeen, but he was obviously on a good wage and wasn't really value for money, considering he is probably our 4th choice striker, and 2nd and 3rd choice strikers might not be earning 50% of his wages. I can see us getting a new striker in as his replacement and can see us not having to pay that new striker what we were paying Rooney.

Points out that Rooney has scored 7 or 8 in 33 appearances (the club say 8, soccerbase says 7), and wonders if the league scoring rate of other players should be questioned too?

FWIW I think there is a good forward in Rooney, and he could well turn out to be a good "buy" for Aberdeen, but he was obviously on a good wage and wasn't really value for money, considering he is probably our 4th choice striker, and 2nd and 3rd choice strikers might not be earning 50% of his wages. I can see us getting a new striker in as his replacement and can see us not having to pay that new striker what we were paying Rooney.

You can point out what you like, but he has still scored 4 league goals in 24 appearances.

You can point out what you like, but he has still scored 4 league goals in 24 appearances.

Yes but that's not what you said before you edited your post and his cup record makes his total record look better. FWIW Philliskirk has 2 league goals in 18 league appearances.

Yes but that's not what you said before you edited your post and his cup record makes his total record look better. FWIW Philliskirk has 2 league goals in 18 league appearances.

I was talking of league matches.

Its the league that counts IMO!

Besides, all of these "good luck Adam, he is a nice lad and was just unlucky" posts don't wash with me.

He was on a big wage and promised to do so much......yet he was less than :censored:e!

Besides, all of these "good luck Adam, he is a nice lad and was just unlucky" posts don't wash with me.

He was on a big wage and promised to do so much......yet he was less than :censored:e!

This. To the letter. He might be the nicest bloke on the planet but he came here with a big reputation and a wage to match. He's a striker. He's paid to strike. And yet he couldn't hit a barn door with a :censored:ing banjo.

I'm a really nice bloke but i'm :censored: at football. I can run about a bit but that's as far as it goes. Would anybody want me up top on Saturday?

I watched that game. I still think it's LeagueOne/Two average, apart from Celtic (obviously). It's all a bit slow and predictable. I also watched Aberdeen and Inverness. Same. Dundee united look a bit brighter, but the general standard is not as a good as it used to be in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Well for what I know... I thought Kilmarnock moved the ball round really well and looked good. They lost 3-0 in the end. I also started to say to the guy next to me that Cairney was the slowest, most frustrating player I'd seen, but before I got to say 'but he's good if he gets the ball in space' he'd smashed one in from the edge of the area. We definitely did well to avoid Ryan McGivern though. Awful

This. To the letter. He might be the nicest bloke on the planet but he came here with a big reputation and a wage to match. He's a striker. He's paid to strike. And yet he couldn't hit a barn door with a :censored:ing banjo.

I'm a really nice bloke but i'm :censored: at football. I can run about a bit but that's as far as it goes. Would anybody want me up top on Saturday?

Corney might be interested, save him a few bob and you'd be giving us the same service our other strikers do... Feck all