Adam Rooney

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear.......fom the Aberdeen forum

At least the need for a striker has been recognised and acted upon. However, before we get too carried away with the euphoria of it all, it's worth considering just how few chances are being created for whoever has been playing up front, usually on their own. The service they have been getting has been minimal to say the least. Poor old Vernon's career has probably been wrecked by having to plod away game after game as a solitary figure on his own. Give him his due, he tries, but he can't do it all by himself. I reserve judgement on whether Rooney will make any difference.

Told my 7 year old son tonight that Rooney is leaving and he's devastated, his favourite player is leaving.

I remember that feeling several times from the last 45 years

He also sponsored his boots, hope we get a good replacement and 10 goals from someone before the end of the season!

I'd do it for nowt Kieran. SC would be thrilled.

Sadly, the best 2 "strikers" we've got at the club belong to Jenny :wub: .

That amounts to £15k per goal (based on league matches).

Anyone still happy with what he did here?

interesting way to look at it, so w**** rooney is worth something like £1.8million a goal... we could sign 30 players with that

• 1 month later...

he's only had 5 months, could take him 18, massive mistake this, just watch him fire them in now, and before anyone put the SPL down, its as good a standard at League 1 if not better.

6 in 8 for Rooney at Aberdeen now.

Shocking decision...

Also like to make a comparison with a league 1 player at this level. David mooney. When he joined Orient he was 26 (a year older then Adam) first season statistics he scored 8 in 42 games. (In all comps)While Rooney for us this season scored 4 in 24. The second season saw an improvement in Mooney scoring 13 in 42. Now look at this season stats he has scored 18 in 34. The moral of the story is that you can't rush a striker to score you goals you have to be patient and it will come. Russell Slade saw this and was willing to wait now he's leading the line. Hopefully Johnson will learn and not bin off our players after 6 months

I think the moral of the story is that LJ is showing real limitations as a manager. Rooney was no stranger to the division. He wasn't played to his strnegths. He even played him wide, even though the lack of pace is sreamingly obvious to everyone. Ridiculous at Anfield. Rooney goes to Abedeen, they play him around the six yard box and guess what...he scores.

Starting to have my doubts....

I think the moral of the story is that LJ is showing real limitations as a manager. Rooney was no stranger to the division. He wasn't played to his strnegths. He even played him wide, even though the lack of pace is sreamingly obvious to everyone. Ridiculous at Anfield. Rooney goes to Abedeen, they play him around the six yard box and guess what...he scores.

Starting to have my doubts....

To be fair he had one of his best games for us playing wide vs Sheff Utd, which probably tells you all you need to know about his qualities as a striker...

Also like to make a comparison with a league 1 player at this level. David mooney. When he joined Orient he was 26 (a year older then Adam) first season statistics he scored 8 in 42 games. (In all comps)While Rooney for us this season scored 4 in 24. The second season saw an improvement in Mooney scoring 13 in 42. Now look at this season stats he has scored 18 in 34. The moral of the story is that you can't rush a striker to score you goals you have to be patient and it will come. Russell Slade saw this and was willing to wait now he's leading the line. Hopefully Johnson will learn and not bin off our players after 6 months

To compound that Rooney had scored 7 in roughly 30 games for us (in all comps), not 4 in 24.

Although maybe you are invoking rule 17.1.4 of OWTB by ignoring cup goals for our players but including them for opposition players.

To compound that Rooney had scored 7 in roughly 30 games for us (in all comps), not 4 in 24.

Although maybe you are invoking rule 17.1.4 of OWTB by ignoring cup goals for our players but including them for opposition players.

Sorry could not find that on soccer base but strengthens my argument so thank you