Adam Rooney

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good pro. Apparently worked hard . Just didn't work out at Latics. Good luck to him.

he's only had 5 months, could take him 18, massive mistake this, just watch him fire them in now, and before anyone put the SPL down, its as good a standard at League 1 if not better.

he's only had 5 months, could take him 18, massive mistake this, just watch him fire them in now, and before anyone put the SPL down, its as good a standard at League 1 if not better.

I kind of agree but, if he's on big money as suspected it makes sense & is good for all concerned.

A shame. Although his play could look half hearted sometimes he generally did put the effort in unlike some of our other recent failed strikers.

Edited by HarryBosch

Your main scoring prospect needs to be playing week in week out....the writing was on the wall when he got only 10 minutes and managed to miss a sitter and a penalty.

He wasn't on the pitch at all last week and I suspected he'd played his last game in the blue shirt.

I wish him well in his future career but I don't think he'd have been successful here even if he'd played out his contract. Something wasn't quite right and perhaps it wasn't all his fault....bring on a proper CF now who can hold the ball up top and chip in with a few.........Jon Stead would be my choice, we shall have to wait and see.

One thing is certain LDJ cannot not afford to get it wrong this time!

I suspect he would have found some form eventually over the next 18 months but can we afford to wait for one of the club's highest earners to possibly come good whilst the whole team are on a goal drought?

Whether he goes on to score in another league, what does that matter? It's another scenario. Maybe he didn't adjust to the club or the style of football LJ wants to play (or he was used wrongly for most of his games, which I still believe). All we can base our judgement on is his time with the club, and if anything it was getting worse.

As long as he's replaced well with the good money this will provide it's, the correct decision to make. If he isn't replaced I'll be worried.

Edited by NewBlue

Nipa on trial at Oldham

Posted on January 21st, 2014 by Breaking News

The success and style of the football being played by Blyth Spartans has not gone unnoticed. Since taking full control of the team towards the end of last season and strengthening the back room staff manager Tom Wade has put together an excellent blend of maturity and youth which has really developed in the first half of the season. The coaching has brought the best out of both young and established players. The performance of certain individuals has been outstanding and after playing a number of games in the Manchester area the Club has been contacted by several professional Lancashire teams expressing an interest in some of our players.

Dan Maguire has outperformed in recent weeks and Oldham Athletic has asked if he can attend their Club this week for trials. The Club has always had a policy of never putting barriers in the way of players moving to a higher level of football and arrangements are in place for the trial. Maguire is on a contract with Blyth Spartans which includes an option for next season and he figures highly in the Clubs plans to retain the bulk of the developing squad for next season. The Club will be discussing Maguire’s long term career ambitions with him.

As other specific details arise further announcements will be made.