Already left

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left at half time. We were 3-0 down against a team who looked like scoring every time they went forward, and we had scored 1 goal in 4 games. We had an attack just before HT that we had said, depending how the attack goes will determine whether we stay. Pboro tackled us went up the other end and made it 3-0. Pub time. Absolutely gutted to have left, but 999 times out of 1000 Latics 3-0 down at half time would only end one way.

In the future when old men in bars recount football stories, the number of people that will say "I was there at the most amazing comeback ever", would have had the crowd at 10,000 40,000 or more.

'I remember it well, we we're 3-0 down and everyone was feeling glum. Then, at half time, the non-recurrant supporter base returned, bringing with them building materials and constructed a new 3 tier Lookers 'main stand' with changing rooms and everything... and it only took 15 mins......'.

New admission prices announced;

Full game - £20

Ist half only - Free

2nd half only - £15.

I like ...... first half is a taster and if you like what you see you leave at HT and then pay to get back in!!

........well more like I like the idea of paying £15 per game instead of £20

I've slept on it for two nights and have finally come to the conclusion that Charlie McDonald is to blame for me missing the greatest comeback since D Generation X in 2006 : if he had scored with that sitter after 30 seconds, we'd have never gone 3-0 down and I'd never have made the most regrettable decision of my life...

Could I just point out that I took my son swimming (long story) and saw it was 3-0 at half time. Got home to connect to LP when it was 3-4.

Besides being the obvious reason for our comeback, do I get some sort of Superfan award for not desserting the team?!!!!!

Could I just point out that I took my son swimming (long story) and saw it was 3-0 at half time. Got home to connect to LP when it was 3-4.

Besides being the obvious reason for our comeback, do I get some sort of Superfan award for not desserting the team?!!!!!

That's a trifle hopeful singe.

I've slept on it for two nights and have finally come to the conclusion that Charlie McDonald is to blame for me missing the greatest comeback since D Generation X in 2006 : if he had scored with that sitter after 30 seconds, we'd have never gone 3-0 down and I'd never have made the most regrettable decision of my life...

Is this the denial or bargaining phase of grief?

In some ways the leavers have the better story to tell.

I spoke to two parents at School today : one of them walked out of Wembley when City were two down to Gillingham, and the other had a family member who walked out of the Nou Camp in 99 when Bayern were 1-0 up against United.

In comparison, leaving a League One match between Oldham and Peterborough is quite low on the scale...*

*If I keep telling myself that, then hopefully I will believe it at some point...

I spoke to two parents at School today : one of them walked out of Wembley when City were two down to Gillingham, and the other had a family member who walked out of the Nou Camp in 99 when Bayern were 1-0 up against United.

In comparison, leaving a League One match between Oldham and Peterborough is quite low on the scale...*

*If I keep telling myself that, then hopefully I will believe it at some point...

Edited by 100milesaway