What a farce!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, so.......

I think I've got it - I can sit in my usual seat in the MSP; but if I want I can go on holiday to a stand I hate to watch our 11 numptys attempt to play foory?

That right?

So, see you all in the MSP as usual then

I'm confused because we all know what the atmosphere is like with away fans in Rochdale Rd end only because that's been the arrangement for years, it only changed when the Lookers was knocked down and home fans shared the RRE.

So there is zero point in trialling what its like with away fans in the RRE and Oldham everywhere else because we damn well know.

The only trial to be had is to give the Chaddy to away fans for one or two games, preferably against Sheff U/Coventry where they will bring a few and make some noise - then the myth about the roof can be put to bed. And also against a team like Crawley who will bring 7 fans and then it can be proven that 1500 Oldham in the rocky is louder than 7 crawley in the Chaddy.

Jeez, is it that hard?

Plus if the police state its a defo no to away fans in Chaddy, then :censored: this debate off, get that bleeding Lookers stand built and go back to 3 stands for Oldham, RRE for away fans

No that difficult.

Its so over egged this atmosphere dbate, NYD a few years ago, Forest brought just shy of 3,000, and I seem to remember us beating them 5-0. Any buzz around the ground has been killed by not having a side stand for 6 years, it's like playing Sunday league, and that's before I mention Lockwood, Kissock, Turner et al.

They cant win either way given our support is littered with moaning bastards

Pretty much agree with this. They proposed a move, clearly realised that many were against it and rather than risk upsetting said supporters made it voluntary but asked nicely. I don't really see the big deal in obliging them one game especially as they are making an effort with serving beer.

Can't win really can they? Wonder how many will actually move on Saturday.

Since the lookers was demolished the RRE season ticket holders have regularly had to move to the chaddy for the "bigger" games. They already know what it's like and If they loved the experience that much they would have already converted. I for one am staying put on Saturday. Why have your view obscured by a pillar if you don't need to. The majority don't drink beer, they just want to have a decent view. The only problem at the moment is what's being served up on the pitch.

What was the point???

The club tried to generate an atmosphere by congregating all fans together.

My view is the players should perform to best of their abilities and run through walls to secure us three points even if they were playing in front on 3, 300 or 3,000 fans. They shouldn't need any outside influence but I'm guessing it was clubs opportunity to try anything to motivate the players.

You can't blame the club. I'm disappointed that some fans kicked off and saw the worst in this initiative where they were more concerned that they had to leave their familiar seat or view for just one game. We should have just embraced it, made a point to join together in one stand and cheer on together for the 90 minutes. If the players didn't respond then what was the harm? If they did then the club might be onto something.

We'll never know now.......

....the club should have stuck to their guns in my opinion

Pretty much agree with this. They proposed a move, clearly realised that many were against it and rather than risk upsetting said supporters made it voluntary but asked nicely. I don't really see the big deal in obliging them one game especially as they are making an effort with serving beer.

Can't win really can they? Wonder how many will actually move on Saturday.

It was never about which stand is best, the question should never have been asked, they worked that out, eventually.

can I ask why alcohol is only being served for one game only in the chaddy if its allowed saturday surely it can be sold at any home game ?

They've probably applied for a special event licence? Like when they have concerts in Heaton Park or Glastonbury but don't usually sell beer in the park or the farm.

I've got a solution to satisfy the players, who it seems are only prepared to play well if there is an atmosphere, with more fans grouped together.

When it's known towards which End Latics are going to play, those at the opposite End, who are prepared to sing, get the back of their hand stamped as they leave the ground to walk through the car park to enter the gate at the opposite End. During half-time the procedure gets reversed. Simples!

Guest Scratch2000uk

Why not just get recordings of loud, cheering, happy fans and play it during the game, even simpler. It might even wake some of the fans up too. :OASISscarf:

Why not just get recordings of loud, cheering, happy fans and play it during the game, even simpler. It might even wake some of the fans up too. :OASISscarf:

WCW did that, then the fans started rioting and WCW went bust.

"GOLDBERG!"

The plan must be to get the number of supporters down to the capacity of the new North Stand and close the Chaddy and Main Stand. To create an atmosphere. The only problem is that the new North Stand will not be completed due to loss of funding - just terrace, portaloo and a caravan selling pies!

Alcohol free exclusion drinking zones painted on the floor in the RRE, who's idea was that?

The Sporting Events Act 195 was introduced to combat football hooliganism. It bans the drinking of alcohol within sight of the pitch, hence the alcohol-free zone markings in the RRE, which won’t be necessary in the Chaddy, because the concourse is lower than the stand. It only applies to football matches, because football supporters are considered to belong to a lower class and cannot be trusted. The ban applies not only to those in the stands but also those in the exec boxes.

It doesn’t apply to rugby, cricket or other sports, so when BP was used for rugby league games, the restriction did not apply.