North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

No sign of any further work being done on the top floor as of Saturday. Suspect it won't be done by Christmas.

Probably waiting on an FA Cup run.

Thank you for the reply.

My initial thoughts regarding the firesale over the summer was that it was to raise the necessary funds for completion of the top floor.

It would seem that it was more likely done to cover the basic running costs. <2 weeks to payday!

Went to Flydes new ground on Sunday to eat.

They now have a superb Sports bar with big screen TVs etc, the food is excellent in there.

They have a coffee shop & the have just opened up a Mediterranean restaurant on the 2nd floor called Milanos which If you're ever in the flyde area I can't recommend enough.

Quality facility...

The third floor wasn't finished! Cheap bastards!

There's :censored: all in that North Stand for your normal fan, been to Fylde myself and it puts our effort to shame, they've even spent £25k on a temporary car park which is finished better than ours, Neil Joy went there for a reason and the old village team who didn't even get into the North West Counties League until 2007 will soon in my opinion be playing League football, let's hope it's not at our expense.

Having regularly been to the reebok/macron in the first 3 seasons it's interesting to see how it changed. The hotel, the offices at the home end, the function room where the beer festival was and the scotts sports bar(which I sneeked into adterwards) were not there, they all came several years after the stadium opened.

Having regularly been to the reebok/macron in the first 3 seasons it's interesting to see how it changed. The hotel, the offices at the home end, the function room where the beer festival was and the scotts sports bar(which I sneeked into adterwards) were not there, they all came several years after the stadium opened.

Perhaps they spent some of the Greedy League money on the stadium facilities instead of giving it all to the players.

Treated myself to a hospitality ticket in the Broadway Room last night. Impressed by the service, facilities and general atmosphere. Alright it was only pie, chips and peas but it was good pie, chips and peas.

Just a bit surprised not to see lots of portraits of players/legends all over the place. Perhaps that's next.

£60 for a match ticket, meal, programme, parking and a comfy seat. Maybe pricey arguably but wouldn't really expect it any cheaper.

Reason we went in the new stand was a mate of mine being from Scunthorpe, acknowledged we were the better side on the night and partic impressed with Burgess and Fane.

There's :censored: all in that North Stand for your normal fan, been to Fylde myself and it puts our effort to shame, they've even spent £25k on a temporary car park which is finished better than ours, Neil Joy went there for a reason and the old village team who didn't even get into the North West Counties League until 2007 will soon in my opinion be playing League football, let's hope it's not at our expense.

Well it won't be will it.

I don't know, their Chairman has set a target of 2022 to achieve League status, who knows where we will be by then on this splendid journey Simon Corney is taking us on.[/quot

They could quite easily end up like Gretna or Chorley though

Only time will tell

Whose called it a white elephant?

Of course it looks better than a three sided ground but you can't get away from the fact it has skint us and despite promises that it will generate funds to move us to the next level it's like a lead weight around our necks, now I know the directors will be happy quaffing on their sandwiches in relative luxury but for your average Joe there's :censored: all at BP to entice these days and the crowds reflect that, the actual finish on the car park and landscaping is frankly embarrassing and the exterior of the North Stand hasn't had its windows washed since it opened, unfortunately it's a reflection on the way we are run.

I'm not implying you, yarddog 73, but it's certainly been called a white elephant MANY times.

The fact that it's been a long, hard haul getting it built and that the revenue stream will take a few years (hopefully) to kick in suggest that Mr. Corney is deserving of some approbation for his perseverance, if nothing else.

My own business ventures have taken a hammering since 2008 and it's always been by factors outside my control. Unfortunately, it's only going to gety worse.

Whose called it a white elephant?

Of course it looks better than a three sided ground but you can't get away from the fact it has skint us and despite promises that it will generate funds to move us to the next level it's like a lead weight around our necks, now I know the directors will be happy quaffing on their sandwiches in relative luxury.

The exterior of the North Stand hasn't had its windows washed since it opened, unfortunately it's a reflection on the way we are run.

Or not.

In defence of the North Stand, I do believe it had the potential to generate significant revenue once the top floor is done and they can host conferences there.

I went to the Evening with Andy Ritchie event last Saturday and I thought it was very well run. The food was excellent, probably the best I've ever had at an event of that style where you are trying to serve 150+ people at the same time.The service was good, the entertainment great and everything seemed to run smoothly and efficiently. I certainly went away with the impression that the people runnig it know exactly what they are doing and so did most of the people I spoke to. They must have taken a hefty sum of money over the bar that night, so I can imagine they'll generate a fair bit more when they are able to open the room that fits 4 times as many people in as the Broadway suite.

Howver, with each missed deadline, it is becoming abundantly clear that they don't have the funds to finish it and it isn't going to be completed anytime soon.

I imagie the people running the OEC are just as frustrated as the fans about that. They thought they would be running a large regional Conference venue with several bars, restaurant, coffee shop etc, when they're currently in charge of what effetively is a medium sized hospitality suite.

In defence of the North Stand, I do believe it had the potential to generate significant revenue once the top floor is done and they can host conferences there.

I went to the Evening with Andy Ritchie event last Saturday and I thought it was very well run. The food was excellent, probably the best I've ever had at an event of that style where you are trying to serve 150+ people at the same time.The service was good, the entertainment great and everything seemed to run smoothly and efficiently. I certainly went away with the impression that the people runnig it know exactly what they are doing and so did most of the people I spoke to. They must have taken a hefty sum of money over the bar that night, so I can imagine they'll generate a fair bit more when they are able to open the room that fits 4 times as many people in as the Broadway suite.

Howver, with each missed deadline, it is becoming abundantly clear that they don't have the funds to finish it and it isn't going to be completed anytime soon.

I imagie the people running the OEC are just as frustrated as the fans about that. They thought they would be running a large regional Conference venue with several bars, restaurant, coffee shop etc, when they're currently in charge of what effetively is a medium sized hospitality suite.

So when the top floor is finished and generating significant revenue that revenue is going back into the football club?

So when the top floor is finished and generating significant revenue that revenue is going back into the football club?

Well, that's what Corney said. Whether it's true or not I don't know.

Even if it isn't true I can see some benefit in it. The 3 amigos want to recoup their initial investment back - that much is clear. It appears to be why there are no takers for the club at their current asking price. If the money all goes to the OEC (which they own) rather than the football club, it's chipping away at the amount of money they want to get back, and hopefuly helps reduce their aking price down to a more sensible level, giving us a chance of gettig an owner committed to taking the football club forward. It's why I also hope they manage to get those houses built and sold.

Archived