North Stand Construction Thread

North stand all the way for me. Not a single problem, didn't get wet once and even got a nice tan last game of the season. ☺

I dont like the viewing position-even the 100 club seats are not high enough to get a decent perspective over all of the pitch.

The access to toilets and to the small downstairs bar is piss poor and the inside bar cannot cater for the supply of drinks at half time which it is being asked to cover

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like the viewing position-even the 100 club seats are not high enough to get a decent perspective over all of the pitch.

The access to toilets and to the small downstairs bar is piss poor and the inside bar cannot cater for the supply of drinks at half time which it is being asked to cover

All the stands have problems at halftime cos that's when everyone goes to the bar, toilets etc.

They could do with putting those snaking metal barriers to organise the queue rather than have people standing in a straight line

That would be a very good sensible start and can they queue in a straight line? I doubt it.

They could do with putting those snaking metal barriers to organise the queue rather than have people standing in a straight line

I like this idea. It frays the temper in the RRE when people take the poss after others have been waiting for 10 minutes

Because the club might appreciate feedback and possibly do something about it.

Like the fan survey that underdog put up? its something I did mention in that that the queing for the kiosks could be better considering its a new stand apart from that I am happy enough with it to buy a season ticket in it though.

So your problem with the 'white elephant stand' is that they have not spent enough money on it and you prefer to use a stand with better facilities? :smoking:

So your problem with the 'white elephant stand' is that they have not spent enough money on it and you prefer to use a stand with better facilities? :smoking:

You do not seem to understand the idea of a white elephant at all. Check the original usage of the term.

Let's face it, the North Stand is not really a stand for football fans in the traditional sense of the term and a heck of a lot of the cost has been in respect on non football related square footage. It has become a banqueting hall (or 2 if they ever find enough money) with adjoining rental space. It has a few seats on the front at a low height and a some executive boxes at a slightly better vantage point but in truth that element has not cost too much of the money that we actually didnt have available at the correct times. It was meant to have a replacement for our supporters bar-it doent really not yet anyway.

OAFC Ltd does not yet receive any of the 24/7 income and probably will not do so for a heck of a long time since most income will be spent intially on repaying the overspend. If that overspend was related to facilities for supporters then one could put forward some sort of valid reasoning but it hasnt-it quite obviously hasnt!

The North Stand is not fit for purpose even with the low attendances that we have had since it opened. It will not cope very well with any big games.

In the meanwhile our liability to the owners reaches toward £9M. How much will it be on completion?

You do not seem to understand the idea of a white elephant at all. Check the original usage of the term.

Let's face it, the North Stand is not really a stand for football fans in the traditional sense of the term and a heck of a lot of the cost has been in respect on non football related square footage. It has become a banqueting hall (or 2 if they ever find enough money) with adjoining rental space. It has a few seats on the front at a low height and a some executive boxes at a slightly better vantage point but in truth that element has not cost too much of the money that we actually didnt have available at the correct times. It was meant to have a replacement for our supporters bar-it doent really not yet anyway.

OAFC Ltd does not yet receive any of the 24/7 income and probably will not do so for a heck of a long time since most income will be spent intially on repaying the overspend. If that overspend was related to facilities for supporters then one could put forward some sort of valid reasoning but it hasnt-it quite obviously hasnt!

The North Stand is not fit for purpose even with the low attendances that we have had since it opened. It will not cope very well with any big games.

In the meanwhile our liability to the owners reaches toward £9M. How much will it be on completion?

Funny that it isn't a stand for football fans yet in faces a pitch and has seaty things.

You do not seem to understand the idea of a white elephant at all.

It's when you cynically give someone a gift that is both useless to them and absurdly expensive for them to maintain.

For play to Corney for landing one on a relegation rival AND getting £75k into the bargain.

It's when you cynically give someone a gift that is both useless to them and absurdly expensive for them to maintain.

For play to Corney for landing one on a relegation rival AND getting £75k into the bargain.

Oooh my sides are splitting. Well done though for appreciating the point that I have been making

From today's Chron:

"On the construction of the unfinished £7 million North Stand, (Anthony) Gee says that work is due to start again on the upper level soon.

It is nearly two-and-a-half years since the first steel girders were installed and various setbacks have stalled progress. Local contractor Holroy Developments, in charge of the build, recently went into liquidation.

However, it is anticipated that the stand will be complete by the end of the calendar year."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/99019/club-attracting-interest-from-potential-buyers-but-no-deal-yet-close

What a shame about Holroy, it must have been his dream project and it's ended like this... the liquidation may not be related to the North Stand though I suppose.

the North Stand construction was being dealt with through a Company, PCW Dev Ltd (so I believe) which is still trading

Archived