Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The croft situation a year ago..

The club said one thing, he said another. We just accept that as that as it was the player who was "done over" if anyone.

Porters view and the club's is different. Personally I dont see the need to hate the bloke. Who knows what went on?

Blindly believing what the club says is bizzare to me.

Id much rather hate someone like Adrian Littlejohn. Porter saw his contract out. We wanted him to stay longer? Should have given a young kid longer than a 2 year deal then. The buck stops there with us.

Edited by pukka

But didn't the club do the same to Croft and Warne and probably countless others too?

Sadly there is no loyalty left in the game. I wish there was but there isn't. I would love for us to have a core group of players that the club were happy to offer a long term contract to and they were happy to see out but unfortunately that isn't likely to happen any time in the near future.

If we get a decent winger who will put balls into the box like Lids did for him in his 2nd season Porter could be a decent signing for us and get about 15 goals (depending on injuries) but I doubt very much he will end up back here, I doubt he wants to return and doubt the club want him back

From the transfer rumours website;

Nottingham Forest striker Ishmael Miller is close to a move to league one Oldham Athletic. Oldham also set to sign Jamie MacDonald and Walsall captain Andy Butler.

Edited by BP1960

From the transfer rumours website;

Nottingham Forest striker Ishmael Miller is close to a move to league one Oldham Athletic. Oldham also set to sign Jamie MacDonald and Walsall captain Andy Butler.

Wouldn't mind Butler, very good competition for places at CB if he came in.

Miller was on loan at Yeovil last season, might have been suggested by old man Johnson.

miller was on over 10k a week at forest along with Derbyshire, unless he fancies taking a humongous pay cut this wont happen.

also he left Yeovil before his loan was up because of his attitude so I doubt GJ would of recommended him.

miller was on over 10k a week at forest along with Derbyshire, unless he fancies taking a humongous pay cut this wont happen.

also he left Yeovil before his loan was up because of his attitude so I doubt GJ would of recommended him.

I missed that, just looked and apparently he breached club discipline rules 3 times. I presume that LJ would run players by his dad too, especially if they've played for him.

Wouldn't mind Butler, very good competition for places at CB if he came in.

We was closing to signing Butler a few years ago, think it was 2010/11 season. Keith Hill gave an interview saying Rochdale weren't signing Butler because we had offered him an extra couple of hundred a week or something.

Don't see the need for another CB though, Lockwood and Wilson deserve to be first choice pairing and got Kusunga in back-up. Only need a CB if one of those get a long-term injury so would rather spend that money on other areas as I'd imagine Butler would want a decent amount.

Another from the rumours site;

23 May 2014 12:06:21
Heard today that Oldham Athletic are interested in out of contract Hartlepool United forward James Poole.

He likes scoring against the Latics;

Career total 86 apps 14 goals.

Edited by BP1960

I know Ishmael Miller, and unless things have drastically changed since I last heard from him, then he wont be coming here, rates himself as above league one level. He had a big falling out with Johnson snr too.

Please enlighten us.

judging by twitter the fact that Lee Johnson has started to follow him means he is off????

One of our most consistent performers the last 18 months, i'll get shot down here but i have never understood people's problem with him - he is a young player who is learning the game and has never made many if any noticeable gaffes when hes played??

He covers well, defends fairly solidly, has pace and gets forward and is always improving.

One of PD's better signings

2-year deal for me

Hope not ANOTHER one leaving and then ending up on a bench somewhere else for an extra £500 a week to stagnate their career.....................