Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chron suggested he wasn't fully fit for the majority of his time here. Agree that he didn't rip up any trees but given his decent reputation in the lower leagues and the fact that there seemed to be a lot of clubs in for him last year, there may be a lot more to come.

Edited by longtimeblue

The Chron suggested he wasn't fully fit for the majority of his time here. Agree that he didn't rip up any trees but given his decent reputation in the lower leagues and the fact that there seemed to be a lot of clubs in for him last year, there may be a lot more to come.

Given a full pre-season, he could become a great player for us. But, so could Dayton on the same wing.

Counter-argument could be said that his injury record hasn't been the best the last year or two, had months here with knocks and niggles, chance to get fit from January to May, which didn't happen fully.

Personally, i'd rather we go for someone more in the build of Montano, but without the obvious problems - there must be better players out there than Worrall, who fit the pacey all out attack winger build.

He played 18 times for us and if anything got worse as the games went on. If he wasn't fully fit at the start of his loan spell then surely he should have improved as his fitness came back?

Don't get me wrong, I'd back him if we signed him but id hope that after Johnson ran the rule over him for the 18 games, then he'd have set his sights higher than Worrall.

I'd have Worrall back, as long as he's not on big money.

If we've learnt anything over these last several years it's that you really cannot judge a player on a loan spell.

And he wasn't as bad as is being made out anyway. He had a few good games, which is more than can be said for many of our loanees.

i was one of his biggest critics... but he shows glimpses of what he could be, ive always give players time to win me over, connor browns a prime example!

i think given a full pre season he could be useful, lets see ey

Didnt see him beat a man with either pace or a trick. Rarely saw him deliver a decent cross.

He worked hard though...but as a winger; who should be laying on chances and also posing a threat himself - thats just not enough.

If we wanted a hard working wide player, but thats about it; then we might as well have kept Kirk Millar. I want and expect more.

I think there is better out there in the market.

Didnt see him beat a man with either pace or a trick. Rarely saw him deliver a decent cross.

He worked hard though...but as a winger; who should be laying on chances and also posing a threat himself - thats just not enough.

If we wanted a hard working wide player, but thats about it; then we might as well have kept Kirk Millar. I want and expect more.

I think there is better out there in the market.

Maybe he was under orders to do what he was doing?

We were unadventurous all over the pitch during that ten game unbeaten run, and it worked.

I'd take Worrall if he was a free transfer and on a fairly cheap wage. Neither of which I think will be true so I'd pass.

After last season I've lost faith in wingers. They don't produce their quality anywhere near enough at our level to be regular starters. I'd rather have a wide midfielder who is good in possession and works well for the unit by having good positional sense (someone like Winchester for example) and someone on the the other flank who has lots of attacking ability on the ball who could be used centrally but is less of a defensive liability playing on the flank (so pretty much Harkins I guess).

Unless Dayton proves himself to be more consistent I'd used him from the bench for the final quarter of the game, where he proved at the end of the season he can make an impact.