Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 at the back would allow us to play them all, with a wing back on either side.

He hasn't tried it yet BB, even if only for one half as an experiment, which baffles me as pre season is the time to do it.

Edited by BP1960

Surprised that Lockwood is getting dropped in many peoples eyes in favour of Wilson & Kusunga, for me it should definitely be Lockwood & Wilson, looked so solid last season.But then if Llera signed it would have to be Llera & Wilson at the back,Wilson and Mills either side.

Kusunga and Wilson have looked excellent, how can you drop players in top form?

How can you drop them? For a better player i'd say is the simple answer.

If we somehow manage to sign up Llera, as Lee Sinnott says, he'd be 1st name on the teamsheet; and it'd be one of Kusunga, Wilson or Lockwood to partner him. Not any of those to be in there ahead of him.

He signs; he instantly becomes the best player on the books. And you have your best player in the side...

Edited by slystallone

A Wednesday supporting mate thinks Llera flatters to deceive. Looks the best player on the pitch right until the moment he makes a mistake that leads to a goal. Thinks he was a great player but not terribly sorry to see him go.

The more I think about this, the more I think we have plenty of defenders and the more I hop/expect to see of Mills on the left wing.

Amen to this, Mills is better offensively than defensively, a better Daniel Jones if you will. Connor Brown is improving all the time and showed against Melbourne he's more than comfortable there.

I'd much rather that than ruin a striker out there, getting them to track back all the time - which Jonathan Forte has done well but to his detriment

The kid is a left back, played all his games there.

Jones was far more effective at left back, charging into the space with the game in front of him, than he was in midfield.

MIlls is the same-left back with all the play in front of him, he was good last time so leave him there!

The kid is a left back, played all his games there.

Jones was far more effective at left back, charging into the space with the game in front of him, than he was in midfield.

You'd still say both are better going towards the oppositions goal than back towards their own.

Mills' performances in the games against Preston are what have stuck with me, plus he could whip a decent ball Into the danger zone from anywhere in the oppo's half, he wouldn't necessarily have to beat his marker

You'd still say both are better going towards the oppositions goal than back towards their own.

Mills' performances in the games against Preston are what have stuck with me, plus he could whip a decent ball Into the danger zone from anywhere in the oppo's half, he wouldn't necessarily have to beat his marker

He would probably do ok playing there, just think that their natural inclination when doing so is to hang back so you end up with a wide defender rather than an attacking wideman.