New Kit supplier

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delay seems to be down to Sondico in the main......I get the impression they have taken on a bit more than they can chew with the amount of clubs they have signed deals with so quickly

Very possible mate.

I also like the beer shirt. I nice brown Joseph Holts version would look better though.

two Spanish clubs announced their new kits this week.

CD Lugo has a shirt like a pint of beer with the head on the shoulders .

Culteral Leonesa has one like a tuxedo complete with a bow tie

I kid you not . look it up for yourselves then tell me any blue shirt for latics is bad

You know what?

I really like that beer shirt.

There, said it

I like it.

Still time now to tweak our kit to look like that, maybe that's the delay...

Edited by slystallone

Like only selling Advent Calendars from December 27th.

It's not as if they have a whole year to prepare for the following seasons kit and this SD deal was in discussion for months prior to announcement at start of July.

Forget all this "adults wearing kits is sad" rubbish but not having the home shirt available to fans before start of season is a major failing by the commercial department. Poor planning and even worse execution.

Makes you think there's been a cock up and this was only issued tonight because some Herbert released that false Sondico twitter account and tweets. Forced their hand....

The best time for sales is pre season. Why? Optimism.

If we start with 6 defeats, I bet there is a very very slow take up on kits.

But, start well and it could be very quick.

Personally I find it bizarre to not have your kit on sale before the start

To be honest it's no excuse but Carbrini didn't have our kits ready the first time we switched to them (08/09). First home game we wore the 07 kit with their logo plastered over Hillstones', as for the yellow away shirt we wore it with it wrong sponsors against Dale in the League Cup. I don't remember it being available for months in the shop, either...

Edited by Ryan

I wonder how many shirts we actually sell? Given our forever dwindling fan base and the potential for such regular changes of sponsors, manufacturers and sometimes poor quality kits over the last 10 years I cannot imagine its many.

1,000 tops?

I wonder how many shirts we actually sell? Given our forever dwindling fan base and the potential for such regular changes of sponsors, manufacturers and sometimes poor quality kits over the last 10 years I cannot imagine its many.

1,000 tops?

i reckon that figure is about right for adult shirts sold, then add on kids kits which plenty are sold.. lots of lads at the team i coach have latics kits but couldn't name 2 players!

Southampton have made their own kits because they were too late signing with a sportswear company

It'll be interesting to see how that works out for them. They'll obviously take all the profit from shirt sales but that will have to outweigh the small cut plus the deal payments they'd usually receive from a sportswear company. They've done a reasonable job with the shirts though; they don't look too shabby.

It would be perfect with grooves to resemble a Lees special grip pint glass.

Was in a JW Lees pub at the weekend. My friend was amazed that one of those glasses fitted BOTH her hand AND her husband's. Quite disturbed at this revelation of thickness.

We still have mills, and children standing idle during school holidays.

And some of them making mischief, trying to burn the portakabins down that sort of thing. Get them on a sewing machine, in front of the Chaddy I say.

i reckon that figure is about right for adult shirts sold, then add on kids kits which plenty are sold.. lots of lads at the team i coach have latics kits but couldn't name 2 players!

I might struggle too, at the moment!

Is the detail of the Sports Direct deal that they take the profits from all sales of kit etc and something has been factored into the money we receive from them in return? SC has done the same thing with match day pies etc I believe. The club shop can't have made that much money. The delay is then down to Sondico and any loss to them. Now where did I put that yellow shirt and will it still fit me?