New Kit supplier

It's weird and unconventional and perhaps something has gone wrong, but at the end of the day does it really matter?? Not really.

Doesn't matter but another "tut and roll of eyes" moment regarding our club

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why it's a big deal? At worse it's a few hundred quid the club could have had a month earlier. I doubt our cash flow is that desperate.

Hardly likely to make us a laughing stock to other clubs/fans either.

Mountain out of a molehill.

two Spanish clubs announced their new kits this week.

CD Lugo has a shirt like a pint of beer with the head on the shoulders .

Culteral Leonesa has one like a tuxedo complete with a bow tie

I kid you not . look it up for yourselves then tell me any blue shirt for latics is bad

two Spanish clubs announced their new kits this week.

CD Lugo has a shirt like a pint of beer with the head on the shoulders .

Culteral Leonesa has one like a tuxedo complete with a bow tie

I kid you not . look it up for yourselves then tell me any blue shirt for latics is bad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28448643

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2014/07/beer-football-kit-for-spanish-club/

Edited by BP1960

Most efficient and commercially savvy clubs have available before start of season as this is peak trade... gut feel is something went wrong with the orders hence delay in announcement. Now SD managing, they would have ready and out available weeks beforehand.

Absolutely. Sell them quick before all the pre-season optimism has been kicked out of us by 5 straight defeats without a goal scored ;-)

Not particularly bothered about when it goes on sale as long as the players have them for the season KO. But then again I am very unlikely to want to buy one - generally getting bored of the all the kit changes and also think that Sondico kits are not the most impressive out there (Adidas kits look rather nice though - a blue version of the Forest home kit with faint white lines could have been tempting, with a retro feel to it)

Like only selling Advent Calendars from December 27th.

I agree it's a little unusual, but really if we're honest it's more like not selling advent calendars until December 3rd. You can still 'use' it for the vast majority of the intended period.

Calm down fellas......believe me or don't but my info has been spot on so far, kit will be unveiled next Thursday and played in for the first time against Hudds, not seen the kit but I do know that it's not the one on twitter.

I understand that it will be available before the start of the season but I'll see if my mate knows when for certain

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

I understand that it will be available before the start of the season but I'll see if my mate knows when for certain

You don't need to ask your mate as the away will be on sale from July 31st - as per official website - and home by end of August.

Calm down fellas......believe me or don't but my info has been spot on so far, kit will be unveiled next Thursday and played in for the first time against Hudds, not seen the kit but I do know that it's not the one on twitter.

stop milking it

New home kit is August 7th, just two days prior to the start of the season. Cutting it fine. I presume it's taken longer than usual because of the new deal with SD but still a bit late. Also until the web store is online they will only be available from SD in town. Not great for supporters who don't live in Oldham.

New home kit is August 7th, just two days prior to the start of the season. Cutting it fine. I presume it's taken longer than usual because of the new deal with SD but still a bit late. Also until the web store is online they will only be available from SD in town. Not great for supporters who don't live in Oldham.

You might be able to order from Sports Dir via PlayerShare WebShop.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare

Home kit launched August 7th but fans can't buy until end of August according to official site. Away launched July 31st at SD store in Oldham and can be purchased from that store on July 31st.

Like only selling Advent Calendars from December 27th.

It's not as if they have a whole year to prepare for the following seasons kit and this SD deal was in discussion for months prior to announcement at start of July.

Forget all this "adults wearing kits is sad" rubbish but not having the home shirt available to fans before start of season is a major failing by the commercial department. Poor planning and even worse execution.

Makes you think there's been a cock up and this was only issued tonight because some Herbert released that false Sondico twitter account and tweets. Forced their hand....

I really don't agree with that at all. The SD deal has only very recently finalised. And the clue is here " Thursday, August 7 via the Oldham Athletic website and will be available for supporters to purchase in local Sports Direct outlets around the end of August" I am willing to wager a considerable sum that a condition of the SD deal is that exclusivity. Granted, it really should be in the shops before then, but the paymaster calls the tune.

So the main question is how many will not buy a shirt at the end of August that would do in July to August. Not shockingly high.

A secondary question, how many shirts does OAFC sell in July normally and on August. WE simply don't know. But we do know that many go on holiday in August so a majority might not buy in Aug due to money being tight. WE may never know.

My hunch is a bit of a delay with the SD deal.

If we start off like a train, then the mass clamour for shirts might look like a good deal

OR we might sell a very similar number to every other season.

It's not a massively big deal. But it does miss out on some pre-holiday sales, and reek slightly of piss poor organisation.

Delay seems to be down to Sondico in the main......I get the impression they have taken on a bit more than they can chew with the amount of clubs they have signed deals with so quickly