245 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Ched Evans for OAFC

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall any statement by him that says rape is wrong, a vile act .

That doesn't compromise his position that he is innocent ....

Nor do I see any statement from him or people close to him that the threats to Jessica Ennis Hill are disgusting and must stop

I can't recall any statement by him that says rape is wrong, a vile act .

That doesn't compromise his position that he is innocent ....

Nor do I see any statement from him or people close to him that the threats to Jessica Ennis Hill are disgusting and must stop

I take it you haven't visited the Ched Evans website then?

His website?

Funded by his extremely forgiving girlfriend's wealthy father.

Ran by his legal team and his family members and friends.

Yeah, that's exactly the place i'd be visiting for a balanced and well rounded take on the events that happened and continue to unfurl.

As LeeSinnott says, right now; he's been found guilty by a jury of his peers and is a convicted rapist. He was innocent until proven guilty; which he was.

If he wins this appeal, it puts another spin on things, but right now - he's a rapist. And that, currently, is a FACT (copyright OWTB for the uppercase fact!)

His website?

Yeah, that's exactly the place i'd be visiting for a balanced and well rounded take on the events that happened and continue to unfurl.

Beat me to it. Have you seen the photo gallery bit? Talk about laying it on...

As LeeSinnott says, right now; he's been found guilty by a jury of his peers and is a convicted rapist. He was innocent until proven guilty; which he was.

If he wins this appeal, it puts another spin on things, but right now - he's a rapist. And that, currently, is a FACT (copyright OWTB for the uppercase fact!)

That position assumes a level of faith in the judicial system that I don't have.

Do you know a website with well balanced and rounded take of the events? Most of what I see is on the anti-Ched Evans side, extremely emotional and assumes guilt with no justification other than the aforementioned faith in the judicial system.

His website?

If you cast your eyes back to my original post you'll see that I said the website will be one sided and ran by his legal team but that doesn't mean the evidence on there should be disregarded, having looked at it, it's possible that there could of been a miscarriage of justice.

Do you know a website with well balanced and rounded take of the events? Most of what I see is on the anti-Ched Evans side, extremely emotional and assumes guilt with no justification other than the aforementioned faith in the judicial system.

Have you got a link to the anti Ched site fella? Wouldn't mind giving it a nosey over to see is there is anything that contradicts what I've read on the Ched site

The guy has served his sentence according to the law, until a law is in place that all ex cons can only work in a blacked out room away from from the general public for £5 an hour he should be free to play again, but not at Oldham.

Also it's pretty clear he has to watch what he says in public with his review coming up.

:censored: the unanimous decision of twelve independent jurors who sat through the entire case and listened to all the evidence, I've been on a website.

This

I've worked I've worked briefly in criminal law they will have seen the evidence from both sides. To get a unanimous conviction like that from jury would suggest that while the said website may give Evans a case, the case for conviction will have been far stronger.

I have more faith in the law than I do of that website.

This

I've worked I've worked briefly in criminal law they will have seen the evidence from both sides. To get a unanimous conviction like that from jury would suggest that while the said website may give Evans a case, the case for conviction will have been far stronger.

I have more faith in the law than I do of that website.

Why do you need faith in either?

Have you got a link to the anti Ched site fella? Wouldn't mind giving it a nosey over to see is there is anything that contradicts what I've read on the Ched site

I'm unaware of any specific sites dedicated to Evans in that way. I'm talking about forum post and journalists mainly.

That position assumes a level of faith in the judicial system that I don't have.

Assumes guilt? No justification? No faith in the people or system that found him guilty? Seriously, he's a rapist. Why would anyone still defend him? She didn't give consent. She's not a :censored:ing toilet for any bastard to take advantage of. Now he can't even acknowledge what he's done. He shows no remorse. He's making her feel even worse by his on-going behaviour. He's a total tosser and i for one will give him absolute :censored: if he plays against us.

Why would anyone still defend him?

I assume that if someone is sure that he's innocent then they will defend him. I am not one of those people.

Seriously, he's a rapist.

So says you. Do you have any other reason to make such a statement other than faith in the judicial system to deliver justice?

She didn't give consent.

You know this how?

She's not a :censored:ing toilet for any bastard to take advantage of.

Good to know. I'm glad you enlightened me on that. :huh:

Now he can't even acknowledge what he's done. He shows no remorse. He's making her feel even worse by his on-going behaviour. He's a total tosser and i for one will give him absolute :censored: if he plays against us.

And what if he has a good reason to show no remorse? Unless you know that he's guilty, how is it fair to critisize a guy for insisting that he's innocent?

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Agree with the poster above. The law is not infallible. Juries are made of of individuals who are subjective and impressionable, and outcomes are highly dependent on the influence of the strongest characters (and their pre-conceived ideas) within (oh and also dependent on being told [after not coming to a decision] that "you have an hour to make a decision or you have to come back next week").

No defence to the act of rape, but regardless of his guilt, this man has served his sentence and wants to work. The sentence he received is strangely lenient for the crime, which raises massive concerns over the decision for me, in addition to the other "evidence" that was made available. The "evidence" was entirely based on subjective accounts. People are subjective, decisions are subjective.

Would you know if your bus driver or person who serves you your pint had been convicted of a similar crime? But would you accept a ride or a pint off them if they had (would you know)? (rhetorical questions). Why should he be any different.This man happens to work for a living in an industry where such a history does get general recognition, however due to the intense focus on him it is very unlikely that he will be in the position to commit a crime that he was convicted of again, whether genuinely guilty the first time or not.

As someone who works with offenders, maybe I can put myself in the position of those who have committed crimes (or those who maintain their innocence) more readily. Wanting to move on and contribute is an admirable trait. People only have one shot at life (unless you believe in that weird religious stuff), and should be given an opportunity to contribute to society regardless of past mistakes during their one chance in my opinion. If not, what do you expect they should do for the rest of their lives? What use is that to anyone? (rhetorical question again)

Edited by monkeykieran

The guy has served his sentence according to the law, until a law is in place that all ex cons can only work in a blacked out room away from from the general public for £5 an hour he should be free to play again, but not at Oldham.

Also it's pretty clear he has to watch what he says in public with his review coming up.

You went balistic when hughes signed.... Changed your tune?