Ched Evans

Ched Evans Poll  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Ched Evans for OAFC

• Yes
    • No

What if this woman really did consent to sex with Ched?

The jury in the original case concluded that she didn't. The Court of Appeal found no reason to disagree with that verdict.

Unless his conviction is quashed at some stage in the future, what value or relevance does that 'what if...?' have?

I'm inclined to think the case in court was far more balanced than the content of a website which has been set up solely for the purpose of discrediting his victim.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Phil wants to give the rapist (and everyone ever convicted) the benefit of the doubt because someone at some point got wrongly convicted... Its a bit of an odd ball stance to be frank...

The point I'm making is that I am not going to judge anyone until I have enough evidence to do so. I certainly can't claim that for the Ched Evans. It doesn't seem that the details of what led to the verdict have been made available and I think that courtrooms will get it wrong often enough for me to be skeptical.

This isn't about giving "the benefit of the doubt". It's about not judging so venomously as so many people in the media and on here seem to be delighted to do. I think the whole thing is badly out of proportion.

If he did it, he has served his time and should be allowed to rebuild his life and his career. If he didn't, then boy is he getting a rough deal right now. But the mob are out with their pitchforks, and the vast majority if not all of them know little to nothing about the case other than he was found guilty. I find it all incredibly distasteful.

Walking up Sheepfoot lane after the match, couple of our own fans started to sing.."there's only one ched Evans..."

Needless to say I had to say something. I was not amused.

Did they say anything back?! Edited by jsslatic

BUT if he was a teacher, Police Officer or Doctor Not a single one of those professions would give him the time of day!!

He's not a teacher, copper or doctor. So it doesn't matter. For balance, if he was maybe a plasterer, gardener, banker or a whole host of other vocations he may well be able to carry on as normal.

The jury in the original case concluded that she didn't. The Court of Appeal found no reason to disagree with that verdict.

Unless his conviction is quashed at some stage in the future, what value or relevance does that 'what if...?' have?

I'm inclined to think the case in court was far more balanced than the content of a website which has been set up solely for the purpose of discrediting his victim.

There will only ever be three people who know for certain what really happened that night, one was found guilty of rape, another was found not guilty of rape and the other tweeted her friends telling them what she was going to spend her money on when she "wins big".

I don't have faith in judicial system which before now has allowed peadophiles to roam our streets and I will say it again for the third time I'm do not think that the Ched Evans site is definitive proof that Ched Evans is not a rapist.

I do believe there may of been a miscarriage of justice. Rape is an horrific crime but Ched maybe a convicted rapist without actually comitting the act.

I still do not understand how if a woman claims not to remember having sex with 2 blokes how one of them can be found not guilty and the other guilty.

Did they say anything back?!

No don't think their bollocks had dropped TBH, they turned around looked at me and said bugger all. One was wearing some strange maroon pants with the elastics at the ankles and I saw them in the pub later, saw me and still said bugger all

Like a poster out on higher thread, I really hope we don't disgrace ourselves and bramall lane next week.

I can hope

Ched Evans is a convicted rapist as it stands... He has served his punishment as decreed by law. He is entitled now to earn a living, BUT if he was a teacher, Police Officer or Doctor Not a single one of those professions would give him the time of day!!

Don't be so sure about Doctors, he would likely be unemployable in this country but he might not get struck off the medical register, therefore leaving him the option of being able to work in some fashion somewhere. He wouldn't be allowed to be a GP, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist, Obstetrician or Gynaecologist though.

Guest Scratch2000uk

There will only ever be three people who know for certain what really happened that night, one was found guilty of rape, another was found not guilty of rape and the other tweeted her friends telling them what she was going to spend her money on when she "wins big".

I don't have faith in judicial system which before now has allowed peadophiles to roam our streets and I will say it again for the third time I'm do not think that the Ched Evans site is definitive proof that Ched Evans is not a rapist.

I do believe there may of been a miscarriage of justice. Rape is an horrific crime but Ched maybe a convicted rapist without actually comitting the act.

I still do not understand how if a woman claims not to remember having sex with 2 blokes how one of them can be found not guilty and the other guilty.

Because she willingly got in a taxi to the hotel with him, Ched came later and then sneaked out via the fire escape

...4 people.

You've missed off the brother filming the thing...

Guest Scratch2000uk

...4 people.

You've missed off the brother filming the thing...

I'd say only two, although they seemed a little confused when giving evidence, The victim suffered a alcohol-induced memory impairment and she's unlikely to ever remember what happened that night.

I also find it strange that if this girl can't remember having sex with either of these two men who can one be innocent and the other guilty?

I take that point the other way. The jury clearly thought about the evidence and took account of the difference in the two cases. They aren't saying whether or not the first bloke had consent, but they found enough to give them (at least) reasonable doubt he was guilty. Maybe they thought he did it but couldn't be sure. They didn't have those doubts with Evans.

I'd say only two, although they seemed a little confused when giving evidence, The victim suffered a alcohol-induced memory impairment and she's unlikely to ever remember what happened that night.

Although she will remember the continuing character assassination perpetrated by "supporters" of Ched Evans

Underlines why victims have to be brave....but she surely can't have expected the abuse about her continuing after both the initial trial and the Appeal Court having no doubt that she was raped.

Edit: And I'll repeat - why has Evans or his team not condemned the threats to Jess Ennis and others?

Edited by LaticsPete

Guest Scratch2000uk

Although she will remember the continuing character assassination perpetrated by "supporters" of Ched Evans

Underlines why victims have to be brave....but she surely can't have expected the abuse about her continuing after both the initial trial and the Appeal Court having no doubt that she was raped.

Edit: And I'll repeat - why has Evans or his team not condemned the threats to Jess Ennis and others?

Agreed

Edited by Scratch2000uk

Including our very own Connor Brown, who gave up her anonymity.

Sheff Utd have let this rumble on for far too long. Even if they don't sign him now, it'll be clear that it's only on the basis of high-profile people like Ennis speaking out and the potential loss of key sponsors.

Including our very own Connor Brown, who gave up her anonymity.

Sheff Utd have let this rumble on for far too long. Even if they don't sign him now, it'll be clear that it's only on the basis of high-profile people like Ennis speaking out and the potential loss of key sponsors.

Did Connor Brown give up the victim's anonymity or did he call her something less than savoury? I thought he was rude about her, as the first one is a much more serious offence and he'd have been in court for it whilst he was contracted to us.

There was a rumour that one of the people in court over revealing the victim's anonymity was Ched's cousin or similar.

Whatever your individual stance on this is... Sheffield United have been made a laughing stock at best, morally inept at worst - Ched Evan's position there, training or otherwise is surely untenable, he can not possibly sign for them after all this?

I think I'm in the camp of allowing him to play. His conviction will stick with him, he'll be jeered by hundreds and sometimes thousands of fans in every match he plays from now until the end of his career. He's not likely to offend again regardless of whether he plays football or not. I can't really think of a reason why he shouldn't play.

Jesus. The PFA's solicitor is drawing comparisons with the Guildford Four and the Birmingham Six.

He's also says "This crime, as alleged, was at the bottom end. There was no violence and thankfully the victim has no recollection of it."

What an absolute prick.