245 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Ched Evans for OAFC

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the court transcripts, McDonald was in the room when Evans joined in. So any consent would be irrelevant at that point.

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

This link might have more info on it than that one but as I've not gone through them closely enough I'm not sure. The jist is still the same at any rate.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2012/2559.html

Incidentally both are "transcripts" of the second stage of appeal- the initial stage was turned down by a lone judge.

Edited by rudemedic

From the BBC gossip column...

Oldham Athletic had a meeting with former Sheffield United striker and convicted rapist Ched Evans last week although no deal has been agreed between the parties.'

Let's face it, no-one will sign him currently but if his conviction is overturned he will be fighting them off with a stick so clubs are probably trying to form some sort of 'relationship' with him in case that becomes the outcome?

Not another 'Dog Gate' we are in the playoffs and should distance ourselves ASAP. Doubt our new sponsor would want a convicted rapist playing at the sports direct. Com park or wearing their logo. In the past weeks we have threatened to expose montano who was accused and found with no case to answer yet we are letting this story damage our reputation. Hope to god it didn't happen and would appreciate clarity from a club statement.

Let's face it, no-one will sign him currently but if his conviction is overturned he will be fighting them off with a stick so clubs are probably trying to form some sort of 'relationship' with him in case that becomes the outcome?

I don't get this whole "clubs will be fighting to sign him", he had one good season and been out of the game for 2 years, he's hardly Ronaldo

Best thing the club can do rather than not comment is put this to bed, we dont need him the club dont need him and even if he does sign it doesnt guarantee anything, I'd expect the club to distance themselves from this tomorrow if they dont then its a joke and could potentially ruin everything that the manager has managed to build.

Best thing the club can do rather than not comment is put this to bed, we dont need him the club dont need him and even if he does sign it doesnt guarantee anything, I'd expect the club to distance themselves from this tomorrow if they dont then its a joke and could potentially ruin everything that the manager has managed to build.

maybe not put it to bed would be better lol Edited by Just a forte

• 1 month later...

Big swing. 6 votes in favour since you posted!

Still 88%, the posters on here represent a fair cross section of the fans I would imagine, would be safe to assume then that Barry as a fans rep is not really doing a proper job.

I don't suppose there would be much chance of a meet the manager anytime soon, if there is I would like to attend.