Ched Evans

Ched Evans Poll  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Ched Evans for OAFC

• Yes
    • No

Although I have my own opinion on this and really cannot believe all the hype around it, I DO respect the opinion of the majority. It's quite clear that a lot have very strong views here and are threatening to boycott Latics etc. I cannot understand such a stance but IF TRUE then clearly the last thing Latics want is even worse support than we have at present - so, don't sign him.

It might be, of course, that this is a wild goose chase and was never going to happen - but takes 'the heat' off certain people within the club after an atrocious set of results in December - let's not forget played 4, lost 4, conceded 14, scored 1 - jeez.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly - if it's true that this signing is by Corney and Owen as per press reports and that LJ wants no part of it - I would chamge my vote to NO - always trust and back LJ football-wise but not directors interfering with football matters - what on earth does Barry Owen know about football?

Sly - if it's true that this signing is by Corney and Owen as per press reports and that LJ wants no part of it - I would chamge my vote to NO - always trust and back LJ football-wise but not directors interfering with football matters - what on earth does Barry Owen know about football?

About as much as he knows about PR...

I'm 50/50 really, however if I had to pick I'd say no because its not worth the hassle. However anyone saying they would cut off any ties with OAFC and put their season ticket on the bonfire, (and are geniune fans who aren't just jumping on bandwagon) are absolutely ridiculous. This club has been around long before ched and will be long after, one player serving his sentence and coming here to play isn't gonna stop me supporting latics.

Why is it unbelievable? Because 20% have a different opinion to yours?

There are a lot of fans who would have him, yes there are a few on here who are openly opposed to him signing but the petition going round isnt worth the e-paper its written on as I bet over 99% of those signing have nothing to do with the football club.

I'm 50/50 really, however if I had to pick I'd say no because its not worth the hassle. However anyone saying they would cut off any ties with OAFC and put their season ticket on the bonfire, (and are geniune fans who aren't just jumping on bandwagon) are absolutely ridiculous. This club has been around long before ched and will be long after, one player serving his sentence and coming here to play isn't gonna stop me supporting latics.

I can't see myself going on Saturday if he signs.

Beyond that, who knows........

You are 100% in correct that this club will be around a long time after Ched. But the fans that have supported this club that dont support this move might not be. Is he worth losing 5-10% of your hardcore fans for what is 1 player who will be here for 2-3 years max? Surely there are other options than Evans, that doesn't alienate part of the fan base?

You are 100% in correct that this club will be around a long time after Ched. But the fans that have supported this club that dont support this move might not be. Is he worth losing 5-10% of your hardcore fans for what is 1 player who will be here for 2-3 years max? Surely there are other options than Evans, that doesn't alienate part of the fan base?

We wouldn't lose more than a few hundred in my opinion.

Us sad bastards who spend all day on here and Twitter talking about Latics often forget the other 3000 match goers just turn up on a Saturday and maybe read the Chron now and again.

Have you stopped to think he MIGHT be innocent.Have miscarriages of justice never happened before in this country?

Of course...... so why not wait until this case review is carried out, and if his conviction is quashed THEN look at offering him a contract.

Oh wait, he won't be interested in little old Oldham then will he!