Police v Hulk Hogan

Admittedly you do get people who probably went yesterday to cause trouble. I know it's the sort of thing you hear a lot when someone gets into a bit of bother. But Tony is genuinely one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and I know a fair few on here will say the same thing. I didn't see what went on but it's quite upsetting to hear about it. I only hope he's back enjoying watching the team I know he loves very soon.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly you do get people who probably went yesterday to cause trouble. I know it's the sort of thing you hear a lot when someone gets into a bit of bother. But Tony is genuinely one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and I know a fair few on here will say the same thing. I didn't see what went on but it's quite upsetting to hear about it. I only hope he's back enjoying watching the team I know he loves very soon.

+1

Stewards were a disgrace out for trouble,a couple of them were prancing down the touch line laughing and high fiving after being involved in one mele.

What was he doing in the Rochdale end in the first place? All those so called Latics fans had over a month to buy tickets in the away supporters section, it was bound to cause friction and they knew it, every club has its idiots and unfortunately we had some yesterday. If found guilty ban them from any ground for life, then maybe the message will get through to others of a similar mind.

What was he doing in the Rochdale end in the first place? All those so called Latics fans had over a month to buy tickets in the away supporters section, it was bound to cause friction and they knew it, every club has its idiots and unfortunately we had some yesterday. If found guilty ban them from any ground for life, then maybe the message will get through to others of a similar mind.

Just out of interest, which tabloid have you copied and pasted that from?

He wasn't in the Rochdale end, he was in our stand. Actually no Latics fan had over a month to buy tickets in the away stand, they sold out in less time than that. Lots of people wouldn't have been able to afford the £20 there and then, especially in conjunction with the cost of getting to BP to get one. If you ban everyone who goes in the home ends as an away fan then Oldham wouldn't have many fans left. It's up to the fans responsible to not get noticed, hundreds did yesterday, a handful didn't.

If found guilty ban them from any ground for life, then maybe the message will get through to others of a similar mind.

Guilty of what? And I'd like to point out that it appears that he's gone over a wall in the Wilbutts, not run on the pitch from another stand and put the ref in a half nelson. I'm sure you'll eventually agree there is behaviour that deserves electronic monitors and bans, this doesn't look like to be one of them.

what a load of :censored:e

No but I've seen him behave like an idiot before trying to intimidate people. If he's tried to do that to the cops he's got everything he deserved. End of.

What a load of :censored:. "End of"

Edited by pukka

I thought once they'd got him over the wall back into the stand it was being left, until the little man steward in the red coat (presume he is in charge given the different coloured coat) with a typical little man big gob syndrome, told his yellow coated minions to go grab him. Of course he stayed well behind the wall. Unfortunately for Tony, it's football. Best scenario is he's given a caution, if he gets to court he's kippered.

It looked like the police were heavy handed with the big guy who kicked off in the seated stand behind the goal after Forte's penalty. He was throwing punches at them but he was down for a while, and it looked like paramedics were with him.

Sounds like Hulk Hogan didn't do much wrong, but this guy did deserve to be chucked out.

Hopefully all's well that ends well with this.

I just have one question: i wonder whether Tony was allowed to change; or whether he was still in his Hulk Hogan costume in the clink at 10.30pm.

If you're a drunk & disorderly being brought in at that time, as Tony was leaving, if he's still in Costume, that's got to have been one hell of head :censored:.

Would have been quite a sight that...

I remember him having his picture taken with coppers at the away match at Carlisle last season.

He's not the type to go and look for trouble. Seems like it all got lost in the hype of the game and nervous tension seeping out of the :censored: stewarding and wank policing.