• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd be perfectly within our rights to.

Of course we would. I thought we didn't espouse their family values. The only reason they are staying is because some lunatic threatened to rape a named family member of a member of staff. Family values eh? Don't you just love em

OK, I hope it's activists and not my fellow supporters. Would the person who made the threats get a prison term if caught? It's serious

What I mean LAgs, is there are 3 seperate types of poeple in this sorry saga.

OAFC fans for and against

Activists aiming at our sponsers, writing about us. Feminsits perhaps.

And vile scum who threaten rape. An activisit in the sense I think it means would not do it.

Of course we would. I thought we didn't espouse their family values. The only reason they are staying is because some lunatic threatened to rape a named family member of a member of staff. Family values eh? Don't you just love em

Well the article also highlights the loss of sponsors...

Strangely for someone who has developed a reputation for not believing what the Board say, you now believe what the Board say!

From BBC

Greater Manchester's chief constable Sir Peter Fahy said his force would be launching an investigation into threats to the club's staff and their families.

"It is totally unacceptable," Sir Peter told BBC Radio 5 live.

"We will be contacting Oldham Athletic to make sure that it's investigated."

So is the implication there that the club haven't reported it to the police?

Agree with that didnt use it to advantage as Verlin did in a big way early on which was grubby in itself. Zen waited and issued a well thought out statement yesterday when chance to have spoken privately and when they though a deal was close which was fair. Opinions differ wildly on Verlin some think did right thing fair enough.

Wouldnt want to be in the trenches with some of them. If Verlin gone so be it.

Zen Office where actually shat on from a great height...

They where asked if the would support the move...

They said no.... and planned to walk away quietly...

Within an hour the story was out they where backing Oldham....

They then where force to issue a statement saying that was not true...

A reputation for not believing what the Board say? Examples?

So you do believe what the Board say then, because I dont believe the reasons quoted today behind pulling out?

Perhaps they had the sense to see the furore from a lot of long standing supporters who were thinking that OAFC had been dragged into the gutter!

Its just a pity that we dont have a fans rep on the board-oooh wait a minute! Mind you I put all the blame on Corney for this!

If when the official reasons are disclosed the fact that a heck of a lot of fans were very strongly against this is not mentioned, I will find that quite disgusting!

Agree with that didnt use it to advantage as Verlin did in a big way early on which was grubby in itself. Zen waited and issued a well thought out statement yesterday when chance to have spoken privately and when they though a deal was close which was fair. Opinions differ wildly on Verlin some think did right thing fair enough.

Wouldnt want to be in the trenches with some of them. If Verlin gone so be it. Hardly BIG players. http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08035752 IF they had been major sponsors God help us.

It seemed to me that Verlin actively sought to get media coverage from this and if that is the case I find that distasteful and I am happy that they go.

Zen - seemed to take a view that they couldn't sponser the club if we signed Ched (a perfectly acceptable position to take) and wanted to stay quiet until it was confirmed and only came out as they were reported to support the club IF we signed Cged which was contrary to their stance. A short simple statement yesterday to that effect.

Would have them back no problems.