New Trust Directors?

So A financial Director who gets a good tip on the horses can empty the Company Bank account to put all the funds on the 4.15 at Ripon and after it doesnt win can claim that he had an appetite for risk but executed his duties as a Director adequately. What a load of rubbish.

The Trust Rep was there to represent the Trust and only an idiot would argue otherwise

Its a difficult one, but how could the Trust Rep quantity the members views on this affair without canvassing them all, and the time that would take ?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody mentioned an article in the chron a few posts up. I have recently agreed a monthly column in the chron for all things trust related. As for the website voting idea, i personally think it's a cracking idea but want that can't really take off until the membership data base is complete. I will certainly push it at the next meeting. We have also agreed a regular page in the match program and web space on the OS. Things are moving in the right direction but very slowly. The more hands we have, the quicker it will move. If anybody wants to meet me to discuss anything trust related i am at the ground from 12.30ish tomorrow. Feel free to drop me a message and sort something out. Any exiles want to get in touch then email askthetrust@trustoldham.co.uk and i'm willing to chat n give you my number. The trust isn't a closed shop anymore how some people see it. I have come in to try and inprove this side of the organisation and any help or suggestions or constructive critisism is very welcome.

And unless this lurgy takes a turn for the worst, I will be there too. I'm usually the the RRE but with all this going on, I can't remember if The main part of the RRE is open so I could be in the chaddy. Either way, I will be near the tuck shop in either stand, about 15 mins before KO and and half time for 10 mins with note pad and pen in hand....well I'm old school

Edited by underdog

I suppose that depends on your appetite for risk, it was clearly a risk but I can foresee circumstances in which the assessment of risk / reward in this case would come down on the side of signing. I note that apparently the Directors were 100% in favour. You clearly do disagree but Joy's statement suggests they had taken a view on risk and were prepared to take it. Obviously not all risks can be imagined (the direct threat of rape against a named individual for instance). Don't get me wrong I do believe mistakes were made but I equally have no evidence that they didn't execute their duties as Direcors adequately.[/quote

I'd agree but would love to see the sensible analysis of risk and reward that comes down in favour. The only upside was the chance that he would score enough goals to get us promoted; hardly guaranteed. All of what has happened was very close to guaranteed including the horrendous threats. It's not as if offensive posts on social media are a ne phenomenon

And unless this lurgy takes a turn for the worst, I will be there too. I'm usually the the RRE but with all this going on, I can't remember if The main part of the RRE is open so I could be in the chaddy. Either way, I will be near the tuck shop in either stand, about 15 mins before KO and and half time for 10 mins with note pad and pen in hand....well I'm old school

Make it the RRE, but make sure you have the wet weather gear on, you know without it I wouldn't recognise you. :)

Its a difficult one, but how could the Trust Rep quantity the members views on this affair without canvassing them all, and the time that would take ?

It is difficult - I imagine the Trust has its own meetings that would inform the Director of its views. Not perfect but probably the most manageable solution. Edited by Wozzer

I suppose that depends on your appetite for risk, it was clearly a risk but I can foresee circumstances in which the assessment of risk / reward in this case would come down on the side of signing. I note that apparently the Directors were 100% in favour. You clearly do disagree but Joy's statement suggests they had taken a view on risk and were prepared to take it. Obviously not all risks can be imagined (the direct threat of rape against a named individual for instance). Don't get me wrong I do believe mistakes were made but I equally have no evidence that they didn't execute their duties as Direcors adequately.[/quote

I'd agree but would love to see the sensible analysis of risk and reward that comes down in favour. The only upside was the chance that he would score enough goals to get us promoted; hardly guaranteed. All of what has happened was very close to guaranteed including the horrendous threats. It's not as if offensive posts on social media are a ne phenomenon

No but they specifically stated they had considered that and were still prepared to run with it. It's arguable whether him scoring enough goals to get us at least into the play offs, or your scenario of a broken leg is the more likely. I guess they came down in the side of the former.

Make it the RRE, but make sure you have the wet weather gear on, you know without it I wouldn't recognise you. :)

Yeah right you sending me to wolves so I end up with the doncaster lot...but I think I could handle them in my parka michelin man coat

Bring it on....

Whatever you might think of Barry he at least was prepared to put himself in the firing line. Football is an emotional business and not everyone will agree with one another, it's fair to say the last week it's reached melting point. But I just hope whoever comes in can put any personal agendas they might have behind them and represent the views of the fans because lets without them there would be no club. This is potentially a great opportunity, but it needs as many fans as possible to get on board.

Whatever you might think of Barry he at least was prepared to put himself in the firing line. Football is an emotional business and not everyone will agree with one another, it's fair to say the last week it's reached melting point. But I just hope whoever comes in can put any personal agendas they might have behind them and represent the views of the fans because lets without them there would be no club. This is potentially a great opportunity, but it needs as many fans as possible to get on board.

Well said, I've probably gone over the top this week as a minority view holder but like most (now) I'll be there tomorrow hoping for 3 points.

He could have just phoned Underdog-taking 2 minutes time, 30 seconds to ask the question and 90 seconds to listen to the swearing

I had to chuckle at this one....logically yes and I would have cursed a bit but got my point across, hopefully listened to the logic (if any) of going ahead.... but I don't now what time constraints, the story breaking etc stopped this

Can't think I why no one at the club didn't call me..boo hoo...sniff...

I had to chuckle at this one....logically yes and I would have cursed a bit but got my point across, hopefully listened to the logic (if any) of going ahead.... but I don't now what time constraints, the story breaking etc stopped this

Can't think I why no one at the club didn't call me..boo hoo...sniff...

You've been in the paper, this fame thing is going to your head.

You've been in the paper, this fame thing is going to your head.

I know so much so that my bright shiny glow that I have might have me sitting on my own tomoz...hey ho I like my entire row on my own.

but-dependant I know if 60, 000 petitioners turn up, it could be a bit of a squash, and if bovril gets spilt then I will be using my " don't you know who I am" card.

Infamy, infamy......they all have it in for me

Ready and willing to contribute... I have already put a lot of thoughts into words over the years... Not saying I would stand by every idea I have ever posted but I did do quite a detailed thread on trust reforms that should take place.

Not saying anything new here... I am genuinely excited that people are starting to warm to the idea of proper reform. Beyond just scalping Barry which isn't the solution. The whole structure of the trust needs rethinking.

You've got time to contribute to the Trust but haven't managed to get to a game for years due to family commitments? Are you a member of your local 'Neighbourhood Watch'.

Whatever you might think of Barry he at least was prepared to put himself in the firing line.

Id argue that he wasn't just prepared to put himself it it, he was prepared to put all of us in it, whether we wanted to be or not.

I think the challenge for Barry's replacement is gaining the trust of the other directors, essential in order to influence for better fan outcomes, while at the same time feeding back relevant information to the supporter base.

In my head the time spent at the club should relate to board meetings only, perhaps with the occasional follow up to ensure agreements are feeing adhered to. It really shouldn't need somebody spending 6 hours a day there.

I suppose the obvious question is:

What do people want and expect from Trust appointed director of Latics?

Edited by opinions4u

I think the challenge for Barry's replacement is gaining the trust of the other directors, essential in order to influence for better fan outcomes, while at the same time feeding back relevant information to the supporter base.

In my head the time spent at the club should relate to board meetings only, perhaps with the occasional follow up to ensure agreements are feeing adhered to. It really shouldn't need somebody spending 6 hours a day there.

I suppose the obvious question is:What do people want and expect from Trust appointed director of Latics?

For me with my fans hat on.....keep it simple and stick to three points of the mission statement that was agreed upon last april

1) Protect the future of Oldham Athletic

2) Represent the views of the fans

3) investing in the future of Oldham Athletic

It's the basics surely?

Id argue that he wasn't just prepared to put himself it it, he was prepared to put all of us in it, whether we wanted to be or not.

There's no doubt the way he conducted himself at times was questionable. But I have a feeling not many of his critics would be prepared to take the role on.

There's no doubt the way he conducted himself at times was questionable. But I have a feeling not many of his critics would be prepared to take the role on.

That argument makes my soul itch.

Can we not criticise governments either unless we too are prepared to take on the role of Prime Minister?