Oldham 2 Doncaster 2

Ref waved play-on. Linesman sent him off. Nothing given for the retaliation.

I'm frustrated, but that's all. I'm actually really pleased with the first 75 minutes. We clearly grew in confidence and put some good moves together.

Should've won 3-0, but when form is out of the window then confidence can quickly crumble.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modifiez l'enregistrement putain

Merci Senor.

Having read this thread I'm reminded of why, after 2000 odd posts and 8 years membership (and JK prev) that I barely bother with this board anymore.

Edited by danoafc

It was a definite red card challenge, but the referee can't allow play to go on, give us the free kick for retaliation challenge and then go back, send Mills off and give them the foul...

this pretty much sums up what happened perfectly... which is why we couldn't understand no booking for their lad? madness.

anyhow, back to our best i thought - without the mills sending off and the refs decision to allow their goal we'd have comfortably won that, same performance at Fleetwood please!!

What got me was the offside on 94 mins. He plays on!! From that play on, we boot it out. We should have been able to slow it down. 1 min later. Goal.

In what world was that our advantage?

Pure incompetence. Never seen that before. Spoke to a mate who's a ref tonight and he said from how I described (which I like to think was accurate) never an advantage.

Of course we have to defend what comes back, but frustrating as a competent decision and we'd have won the game.

Boyeson, yeah, we've had him before.

Sat too far away from the sending off so will have to see a replay but thought the delay was because their bloke was getting sent off - these linesmen won't give basic decisions but get involved with the big ones.

Credit to the players and management though, they had every excuse to throw in a stinker today but that was as good as I've seen from us since the autumn, hopefully bodes well.

Did I hear the Athleticos more than once singing 'Oldham fans are :censored:, we'll sing on our own'?

This along with singing Oldham's a :censored:hole previously they are getting better.They really are a credit to to the club...

Edited by palmer1

The club, the players and the fans should be proud today, after the week we have had it was just good to get back to normal. The game would have been well won, but for a reckless challenge from Mills, and some unbelievably shocking decisions from 2 clowns, who seemed hell bent on making the day as unpleasant as possible for fans who have already been through the mincer all week. When officials get a salvo of abuse like they got at the end today, do they go back to the dressing room and think, what's up with that lot, we did a great job today?.

For a club that has had one of the worst weeks in its history and one of the worst runs of form in quite a while, the atmosphere and positivity around the stadium, even before we scored, was something a lot of clubs might not have mustered.

The players pressing and desire really spurred the fans on, and likely vice versa. Hopefully the positivity can continue at Fleetwood, as the club needs it.

I think philliskirk should have been replaced too, couldn't keep hold of the ball or find a blue shirt for the last 15mins.

I have said before he loses possession far too easily and the opposition are hitting us on the break, his work rate is fine, but this flaw in his game needs eradicating quickly..that's assuming the clubs coaches are aware of it.

Edited by BP1960

Sat close by to Mills tackle and i thought when he went in it looked a bit reckless although he did win the ball.

Had their players not retaliated i wonder if he would have got away with it because the linesman didn't flag.

It was only after the handbags at 2 paces broke out that the linesman came on and spoke to the ref.

Extremely poor display by the ref who never gave any correct decisions all the way through. The advantage after the offside near the end was laughable , what advantage is there for a player on his own with 4 opponents around him !!!

Having said that it was yet again complete naivety to lose a 2 nil lead with 15 mins left.
As soon as Mills went off they targeted that wing and it was no surprise the equaliser came from there.

He should have taken Forte off and Jabo who by then was looking spent and brought M-Smith on to chase up front and Dieng to slot into the back 4 Elokobi at LB.

Instead he had Mellor at LB for what must have been his first appearance for months with M-Smith sat in front of him , even i have a good chance of getting past those 2.

9 out of 10 teams would see out 15 min with 10 men , unfortunately Latics are always that other one out of the ten. Had it of been the other way Donny would have just sat back and frustrated us. Latics have to learn to deal with situations like this and we have learnt nothing of stopping last minute goals for the last 50 years.

Losing last minutes goals has been a constant thorn in the side over those 50 years,

i can remember from being 2-0 up against WHU in a 60s cup match when there wasn't even added on time in those days , to the heart break of the Play offs against Leeds and the ultimate kick in the balls at Wembley.

I don't know if there are any figures to show teams that concede late goals but i would be willing to bet that Latics over the years are somewhere near the top !!!!

What should have been a great victory after an absolut sh*te week has ended with what feels like another loss.

Did I hear the Athleticos more than once singing 'Oldham fans are :censored:, we'll sing on our own'?

This along with singing Oldham's a :censored:hole previously they are getting better.They really are a credit to to the club...

Fairly sure it was 'Rovers' and not Oldham.

I thought Mills should have gone.

But the referee played on. The linesman played on - no flag. There's then the retaliation from their lad.

Ref chats to lino and decides it was a foul, free kick to them, sends Mills off and then ignores what their lad did.

Bizarre.

Foul or not on Rachubka our keeper bottled collecting a fairly simple ball under pressure. He was shaky all game.

Fans were great. Players were up for it. Mills cost us the win.

This ^

There was no whistle and no flag. Bizarre officiating today.

I'm still pissed off, still sober, and losing my voice.

What an end to a :censored:ty week.

Clem was there today, so I imagine that we'll have a decent feature on FLS tonight...

Had to laugh, it took him a couple of attempts to film the bit immediately at the end of the game where he does his little summary on the pitch. Don't think the "referee your a :censored:" chant would have made it into the final edit tonight.