Bloody love this kit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham_Athletic_1962-1966-fs.gif

I like this - and most variations of it, and the electric orange / tangerine is a great away kit.

But this is the best

I've always felt that we should never have changed from this one. It was Latics and no one else. Now, it could be anyone.

The mistake they made with the Ajax style was when they put red numbers on it. Other than that, perfect.

By the way, I hated the tangerine/electric orange. It's all opinions though.

I started watching the Latics in 1953 I was convinced we used to have a blue and white quartered shirt like Blackburn and Bristol rovers but perhaps my memory playing tricks on me does anyone else remember it if not I will surrender myself to the home for the bewildered.

I started watching the Latics in 1953 I was convinced we used to have a blue and white quartered shirt like Blackburn and Bristol rovers but perhaps my memory playing tricks on me does anyone else remember it if not I will surrender myself to the home for the bewildered.

Nah - never had a blue and white quartered shirt (Brizzle Rovers) or a halved shirt (B*****d Rovers).

For me, a blue and white version of the current Ajax home strip would be sound.

I love the 'Ajax style' blue and white kit and I'd pair it with the, ahem, electric orange change strip.

However I am but one man, and it seems there are many that for some reason many don't agree. Now it's not for me to call these people philistines, their opinions count just as much as those that do like these kits.

They're wrong though.

You know if you call it orange as opposed to tangerine I dont think it actually changes anything, they are Blackpools colours.

Far to much white in the 1960's kit, we are known more for wearing blue and white, not white and blue

On what basis did the club 'nick' Blackpool's colours? Did someone see them and think they looked decent or was it just coincidence? If having the same colour kit is a crime then wearing blue would mean Latics are reoffending thieves...

My favourite is the Lees beer barrel shirt or the Ajax style one of old, but I'd take anything over these nondescript ones of the last couple of years.

You know if you call it orange as opposed to tangerine I dont think it actually changes anything, they are Blackpools colours.

I've never understood this argument.

So we can't have a red away kit as that's Liverpool/Utd/Swindon etc(I wouldn't want red though just to contradict myself)? Can't have white as its Leeds/Spurs? Just because 1 team wears a certain colour, doesn't mean we can't wear it (apart from red of course).

On what basis did the club 'nick' Blackpool's colours? Did someone see them and think they looked decent or was it just coincidence? If having the same colour kit is a crime then wearing blue would mean Latics are reoffending thieves...

My favourite is the Lees beer barrel shirt or the Ajax style one of old, but I'd take anything over these nondescript ones of the last couple of years.

I've never understood this argument.

So we can't have a red away kit as that's Liverpool/Utd/Swindon etc(I wouldn't want red though just to contradict myself)? Can't have white as its Leeds/Spurs? Just because 1 team wears a certain colour, doesn't mean we can't wear it (apart from red of course).

I don't understand the argument either, I raised the point as many are saying they want a kit that makes you immediately thinks Oldham.

Orange/tangerine? Who would think Oldham over Blackpool?

I personally want all blue home and all red away and I couldn't give a toss if United,Liverpool, Aberdeen or Belgium U21s play in that strip as long as we have the Oldham badge on it!

Edited by palmer1