Bloody love this kit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but don't you think the club needs a kit which everyone can identify with instead of copying common designs?

It was actually that kit which drew me to the club as a kid back in the late 1950s, I thought the kit was different to any others (well maybe apart from Ajax's red) and I had a found team with some uniqueness.

The Latics 1962 kit is mentioned here as one of the classic designs;

Quote:"this remains the definitive Oldham kit".

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Articles/Classics.htm

What about the Carlisle 74 one but with Tangerine instead of Red separating the white/blue?

There was bugger all else to do on Saturday afternoons in those days and no live footy on the black and white telly.

Even in the 70's the only football fix was to go and watch a live game, as MOTD only showed 1 main game highlights and 2 other brief highlights.

How about one game each season in which we wear a classic kit? Have old school music playing, invite players from that era, promote it heavily?

Good little money spinner potentially.

Mentioned to the trust about something along lines off fans wearing a old shirt day once before agree it work well.