Johnson to Barnsley

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a measured response from LJ that doesn't alienate either sets of fans if either outcome occurs.

From that I'd take it that he would be willing to consider a move IF SC wanted to let him go, but his preference at this stage is to probably stay.

If niether side get promoted, I'd back that LJ with Barnsley's budget would stand a better chance of promotion than LJ with our budget. An extra 5,000 fans paying £23 a pop gets soem decent players at this level.

I hope he has been on the phone to Muzza asking if the grass is any greener away from Latics why risk the security and free reign he has with us to go into the unknown ? Aside from everything else I think he should show the club some loyalty after all they did appoint a very young inexperianced man into a League 1 managers position, if he was to jump ship at the first opportunity he would go down in my estimations.

Edited by Chaddy_Ender

Latics had eight in nine years a 9 year period starting 14 years ago and ending 5 years ago, I think, upto Dickov's appointment. That's modern a selected period of football that's now 5 years out of date.

Great use of statistics there, but you could have done better by only using the individual month in which each of the managers were appointed - that way you could have claimed 12 managers in 12 months.

Chron - Barnsley have made a formal approach, firm 'no comment' from the Club.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/90370/johnson-clear-favourite-for-barnsley-post

Interesting.

How does SC play this....refuse permission and risk upsetting his manager (anyone would potentially be fed up if their current employer stopped them getting an oppotunity elsewhere) if not handled correctly.

Or allow the contact and hope that LJ chooses to stay here because he wants to which would be a better outcome in terms of trust and loyalty but has the risk that he may go for a better budget.

He should grant Barnsley permission to speak to Lee whilst at the same time telling Lee how much he wants him to stay.

There is no point telling Barnsley that they can't speak to him because if they want him and he wants to go, he will go anyway. If he is going to go it should be as amicably as possible so that we can get as much compo as possible.

He should tell Barnsley to do one! If they still talk to him and LJ does move on we can do them for more compensation.

I think/hopw he will stay.

Just imagine the uproar on here. People suggest the team will get unsettled and upset if a suspended player comes back into the team. What if the manager leaves?

Interesting.

How does SC play this....refuse permission and risk upsetting his manager (anyone would potentially be fed up if their current employer stopped them getting an oppotunity elsewhere) if not handled correctly.

Or allow the contact and hope that LJ chooses to stay here because he wants to which would be a better outcome in terms of trust and loyalty but has the risk that he may go for a better budget.

How does SC play this?

Reject it out of hand!

Johnson has said hes happy here, we are doing well with him as manager, he has said its upto the board to make the decision If Corney says no and LJ then resigns and becomes manager at Barnsley, he burns his bridges here as he goes back on his word and LJ will be the one to look bad.

For me I don't think he will go, he will leave at some point but for me I don't see this as being the right job or the right time for him.

I think he will stay.

Edited by GlossopLatic