Johnson to Barnsley

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take no comment means we are negotiating the compensation. If they weren't doing this they would say either we have rejected the approach or we have given Barnsley permission to speak to Lee. Unless today there is no one at the club today capable of making a comment.

Barry will make as statement to the press at the club entrance in his best cardigan sometime next Wednesday.

Thankyou Gentleman.......................and lady. very profesional dont you know

I take no comment means we are negotiating the compensation. If they weren't doing this they would say either we have rejected the approach or we have given Barnsley permission to speak to Lee. Unless today there is no one at the club today capable of making a comment.

No. The no comment means that an employee was asked on the phone about the approach, and didn't want to get themselves in bother by saying anything one way or the other.

If I were Corney I would be giving LJ a pay rise, and an extension on his contract to 2020.

Third division Lancashire club's manager hunted by similar Yorkshire club ........it's hardly City after Big Joe & the Friday night Don't Go Joe on the scoreboard as we beat up Blackburn.

He is already zooming up the long serving manager list with 2 years in , in this ever more ridiculous merry go round of players and managers that is modern football.

How I'm reading it LJ doesn't want to go but if Barnsley offer £x to the board and they are happy to let him go then would LJ want to stay around?

Therefore LJ remains non-committal either way and states the fact that "decisions is in board's hands".

I agree that we should give him a pay rise and extension. He's brought in some decent players, got them playing well and the club is in reach of play-offs despite being written off as bottom table at start of season. The lad played the Evans debacle brilliantly and having met him a few times, I think he's one on only three shining lights in the whole structure of our club along with Tony P and Tommy.

Everybody has a price in football. Corney will get establishing what he needs to do to keep Johnson and what the can get for letting him go.

I'm not sure it's quite the right move for Johnson. If he can deliver play-offs for Latics doors might open higher up.

But if he does go he will have far more to play with budget wise.

I don't think it's a given that Johnson will go. But I'd say it's more likely than not.

I'd be disappointed if he leaves. But not heartbroken.

I agree that we should give him a pay rise and extension. He's brought in some decent players, got them playing well and the club is in reach of play-offs despite being written off as bottom table at start of season. The lad played the Evans debacle brilliantly and having met him a few times, I think he's one on only three shining lights in the whole structure of our club along with Tony P and Tommy.

Has he not just had one of those?

So tell me where I'm missing something?

A - Barnsley make an approach

B - SC talks to LJ

C - Result is ???

We know A has happened......what we don't know is if B has happened.....so how the f*ck can anyone make anything more than a guess on C??? And no comment seems a logical response at this stage.

Too many people reading into tweets and decided he's staying/he's going (delete where applicable) and we are going to bring in Johnson Senior/Adkins/Wilson or promote Wright/Lockwood (delete where applicable).

I'd be amazed if SC gives permission bearing in mind our position, it's football suicide at a time when he wants to sell.

Also, there's no guarantee that he could do anything with those Barnsley players...they are where they are for a reason.

Edited by mikejh45

From what I have heard LJ has a job to finish at BP and also thinks he is better served at this stage in his very short career carrying on.

Im led to believe there will be a statement along the lines of we have given LJ the choice but made it clear we wish him to carry on the with the promising start he has made and continue to support him. LJ will add that he also wishes to finish the job so to speak and also show loyalty to SC, fans, staff etc etc

The lad is great at playing any given situation to his advantage.....very impressive

From what I have heard LJ has a job to finish at BP and also thinks he is better served at this stage in his very short career carrying on.

Im led to believe there will be a statement along the lines of we have given LJ the choice but made it clear we wish him to carry on the with the promising start he has made and continue to support him. LJ will add that he also wishes to finish the job so to speak and also show loyalty to SC, fans, staff etc etc

The lad is great at playing any given situation to his advantage.....very impressive

Sounds good. Hope it's true.

He will get a bloody good reception on Saturday if this happens.

He'll know that too.

He's probably never had any intention of entertaining Barnsley but knows waiting to put out a statement like that until Thursday will give players, staff and fans a massive boost.

The little Machiavellian bastard :grin:

Tbf to Lee, he's just seen his dad sacked months after taking a club to heights they've never seen before, he's wise to consider any offers that come in.

He must have seen countless other managers sacked at Oakwell over the years for struggling to keep them up there also, so it's hardly a safe option

How I'm reading it LJ doesn't want to go but if Barnsley offer £x to the board and they are happy to let him go then would LJ want to stay around?

Therefore LJ remains non-committal either way and states the fact that "decisions is in board's hands".

I agree with everything, except the line The lad played the Evans debacle brilliantly ' which I disagree with completely. He played it, but did not come up smelling of roses for me.

Hope he stays and make a some real headway in the job he could do for us.

Edited by singe

Matt Chambers ‏@Matt_Chambers_ 11m11 minutes ago

Business as usual for Lee Johnson at this morning's #oafc press conference. Remains fully focused on the Orient game.

Sheffield Star story today suggests Johnson to be interviewed today or tomorrow

Presumably if he's allowed permission from the club that is...

Not totally contradictory, but one would indicate that he is focused on Latics, the other that the club have given Barnsley permission and he is interested enough to go for an interview.

Would we be as keen to keep him if he has expressed interest elsewhere but been unsuccessful?

With regards to the interview he clearly did an outstanding job for the role here so assume he is pretty good at them. Though he had more time to prepare last time, he has now got 2 years experience to call upon. Given how good he seems to be with people / media etc you'd imagine that he would be a strong candidate if he goes for the interview...