experienced manager vs 1st job

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone available out there whose appointment alone would put bums on seats......finances permitting of course.

eg. a Scholes type who is already a multi-millionaire and may well do the job for peanuts just to get into management.

Robbie Fowler has been bandied about for a few jobs in recent times.

We need a consistent approach someone who does things similar to LJ. What we don't want is another massive change in philosophy because will take another 2 years to implement.

LJ has built some foundations if he goes if want someone to build on those foundations not someone who would rip it up and start again. That's why I wouldn't go for Keith hill as he would want it all his way which I think will be different to what we have now and will take longer for success.

I don't agree with that, plenty of evidence that he looks to promote youth players and give them their chance.

His record in the transfer market is non too shabby either.

What does that count for?

If I was a manager I'd be thinking 'a fanbase still living in the past with expectations far exceeding reality. Why put myself under unnecessary pressure there to perform miracles when I could have an appreciative support at a club on the same level'

It counts for a club with potential rather than one in the best position it's ever been in. If he's not willing to give it a go and thinks like that, then he's not the man for the job in any case

Why would we want a manager would nearly guided Yeovil to TWO successive relegations?

First season in charge at Yeovil - won FA trophy;

The following season - won the Conference;

The one after that - missed League Two playoffs on goal difference;

The next one - won the division.

Then he went to Bristol City and took them from 22nd in League One to end the season 9th;

The following season - won promotion;

The one after that - missed promotion to the Prem, losing in the playoff final.

Admittedly, he had a pretty disastrous spell at Northampton.

Went back to Yeovil and picked up 30 points from 19 games to avoid relegation.

The following season - won promotion.

It would have been a massive achievement to keep Yeovil up last season. Yes, they've had a crap season this time around but it doesn't make him a bad manager. On the basis of the above, he's one of the best realistic targets we'd have if Lee does go to Barnsley.

First season in charge at Yeovil - won FA trophy;

The following season - won the Conference;

The one after that - missed League Two playoffs on goal difference;

The next one - won the division.

Then he went to Bristol City and took them from 22nd in League One to end the season 9th;

The following season - won promotion;

The one after that - missed promotion to the Prem, losing in the playoff final.

Admittedly, he had a pretty disastrous spell at Northampton.

Went back to Yeovil and picked up 30 points from 19 games to avoid relegation.

The following season - won promotion.

It would have been a massive achievement to keep Yeovil up last season. Yes, they've had a crap season this time around but it doesn't make him a bad manager. On the basis of the above, he's one of the best realistic targets we'd have if Lee does go to Barnsley.

But apart from that?